Anyone cancel an order in order to make a change?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I'm thinking about biting the bullet and waiting the 3 or 4 months. Maybe I should just get a GT now!
Haha - GT would be a longer wait I guess.

I reordered a Premium AWD (in late June) from a different dealer 8 weeks after ordering a Premium RWD. The first dealer was useless and not interested in changing my order. Its not even canceled at this time.

My reordered Premium AWD is scheduled for Feb 8 but my eight week earlier order is not yet scheduled. I am not worried about it - I have asked the dealer several times in emails to cancel it but nothing. Dont know why thats not even scheduled.

But if I order now, 3-4 months wait after Feb is what I would expect.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What is the prevailing theory on when the $7500 tax credit would expire? If I cancelled and re-ordered now, do y'all think I'm still safe?
Yes. Last I looked in June Ford was at around 75k more EV's to go before the reductions will start to kick in (200k). They aren't selling any other EV's in the US, and only EV's sold in the US count against the 200k cap. It is highly likely the reductions won't start kicking in until 2022, as the reductions to the deduction don't trigger until the END of the quarter AFTER Ford sells their 200 thousandth EV in the US. Also, it doesn't just drop to 0 - for 6 months it will be 3850, and then 1875 for 6 months after that

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's not fair to blame Ford, they refunded the deposit you made with them. It's the dealer you have a beef with. Most people on the forum made sure that their dealer would refund the deposit if they cancelled.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
They aren't selling any other EV's in the US, and only EV's sold in the US count against the 200k cap.
Ford Escape PHEV, Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring and Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring all count towards the cap. Only the Aviator is currently on sale, but the others will be coming next year.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford Escape PHEV, Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring and Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring all count towards the cap. Only the Aviator is currently on sale, but the others will be coming next year.
OK, didn't know the aviator was on sale, but as you said the escape is delayed for some time. Nonetheless, it is highly unlikely that any of them will sell in appreciable enough numbers to sell 75000 (even with the Mach E) before July 1st of next year. If they hit it july 1st then the decrease won't kick in until January 1st 2022. It has taken them over 7 years to get to 126k in sales, which is why the mach e has the potential to be such a big impact. Even though they will likely only sell 35k to 40k here in the US in 2021, that is a huge step up in sales volume.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
It's entirely up to the dealer whether they choose to refund your deposit or not. The good ones will, but the greedy ones will keep it and then mark your cancelled order up to sell to another willing buyer.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Kind of. I ordered a CR1 early Oct, 2021. A few weeks later I had talked myself into a Premium. When I called to change they said it was too late as the build was scheduled. I said okay just order the new one. That’s when chip shortages and popularity combined to make pretty long wait times. My dealer gave me the option to take car 1, 2 or both. I ended up buying both (at the ordered price) as the CR1 came in before the Premium was built. I was able to sell the CR1 a couple weeks before the Premium came in.
Sponsored