Anyone changed dealers on their reservation?

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Talking to a different dealer, they said I had to call 866-631-3788 (CDC CRC) to get that changed at Ford as they could not do it. Anybody have any luck with that?
Sponsored

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We have been told you can change dealers when the order bank opens
I was told that as well. Turns out the dealer I originally got stuck with is charging ADM, and another in the area is not.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Talking to a different dealer, they said I had to call 866-631-3788 (CDC CRC) to get that changed at Ford as they could not do it. Anybody have any luck with that?
This is what I read too. You have two choices.

1. Customer's can call in to switch dealers before ordering, the dealer's themselves cannot switch you.

2. Cancel your reservation (lose your place in line) and put in a new reservation with your new dealer.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
I called 1-800-334-4375 line and was able to change my dealership. She confirmed my address, email, and order number. She said she would notify me when it was completed. She never said I was making a new reservation.

If you call, don’t respond to “press 1 for English” and then they give you “press 1 for Mach E info” option.

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I called 1-800-334-4375 line and was able to change my dealership. She confirmed my address, email, and order number. She said she would notify me when it was completed. She never said I was making a new reservation.

If you call, don’t respond to “press 1 for English” and then they give you “press 1 for Mach E info” option.
Thanks I will try that today!

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Will be calling in today to change dealer. My original will not take AZX plan. Confirming with 2nd, 3rd to make sure YES on AZX and NO on ADM. Also asking them about deposits.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
What is the reasoning behind some dealers refusing to apply X – Plan Pricing?
Doesn’t the deduction only apply to the funds Ford Inc. receives?

And I assume the $275 Administrative Fee goes to the Dealer to cover the Plan “paper work” and computer “input” costs.

So if I purchase a Mach-E with a $50,000 MRSP --- the 2% X-Plan deduction means Ford will get $49,000 and the Dealer gets the $275 Plan Administrative Fee. Where is the harm to the dealer?

Also, when is the actual X-Plan paper work (Pin Info) required --- at the time when the reservation is converted to an Order OR at Delivery with the rest of the financial paperwork?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Just got email confirmation from my dealer on X plan after I stopped in and told them I would move the order without it. Nothing like last minute. The sales manager had to call the owner. And below is a direct quote from the email:
“By the sounds of things i have come to the realization that you the buyer are more in the loop than we are at the dealership level.Therefore we will have to work closely together to make sure that the order gets placed correctly and the options meet your specifications.”

No kidding.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What is the reasoning behind some dealers refusing to apply X – Plan Pricing?
Doesn’t the deduction only apply to the funds Ford Inc. receives?

And I assume the $275 Administrative Fee goes to the Dealer to cover the Plan “paper work” and computer “input” costs.

So if I purchase a Mach-E with a $50,000 MRSP --- the 2% X-Plan deduction means Ford will get $49,000 and the Dealer gets the $275 Plan Administrative Fee. Where is the harm to the dealer?

Also, when is the actual X-Plan paper work (Pin Info) required --- at the time when the reservation is converted to an Order OR at Delivery with the rest of the financial paperwork?
From what I gather from the other posts here, if the dealership takes the AZX plan, they have to do MSRP and no ADM. Maybe they deciding to do ADM.

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
From what I gather from the other posts here, if the dealership takes the AZX plan, they have to do MSRP and no ADM. Maybe they deciding to do ADM.
This is true. A Dealer cant stack ADM on a AXZ plan.

Also true is that some of the fees/delivery costs are waived or set at a specific amount.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I wonder how long it will take those dealers (deciding to do ADM) to realize that almost all of the first year production of 20,000 Mach-E's for the N.A. market is already held by buyers with a reservation.

And with many Ford dealers already doing MSRP and X-Plan, these buyers can choose any dealer they wish when converting to Orders.

There chance of getting any of these orders will range between Nil to None.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder how long it will take those dealers (deciding to do ADM) to realize that almost all of the first year production of 20,000 Mach-E's for the N.A. market is already held by buyers with a reservation.

And with many Ford dealers already doing MSRP and X-Plan, these buyers can choose any dealer they wish when converting to Orders.

There chance of getting any of these orders will range between Nil to None.
Yea. I can understand their position if they were the only dealership within 2 hour drive. But we have 5 all within 30 mins of each other. The person I was communicating with was the general manager for multiple dealerships in that chain. I politely responded with "Thank you for the confirmation, I will be transferring my reservation to another dealership. Have a nice day."

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea. I can understand their position if they were the only dealership within 2 hour drive. But we have 5 all within 30 mins of each other. The person I was communicating with was the general manager for multiple dealerships in that chain. I politely responded with "Thank you for the confirmation, I will be transferring my reservation to another dealership. Have a nice day."
Actually, I will drive a lot farther than a couple of hours to save a few thousand $'s.

Remember also, most of these dealers had this reservation / sale for a Mach-E just “miraculously” appear on their computer system.

They had no inventory of Mach-E’s, no demo cars, no test drives and no hard sales push / kissing the customers azz was needed here for a nice commission with little effort.

One would think they would just be grateful to complete this sale.
Sponsored