anyone confirm this is "trusted" site for order information?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Well no, in the sense that you're sharing vehicle identification details with the whole Internet.

If you instead only get your vin number from your dealership, then you've significantly reduced the number of people accessing details about your car.

You can get ongoing details from your dealer, too. Or if you use Ford's vin tracking web site that's good too, since you're sharing data only between you and ford.com.

http://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

This site has a good run down of the remaining build and delivery steps:

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2017/08/vehicle-tracking-system.html

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well no, in the sense that you're sharing vehicle identification details with the whole Internet.

If you instead only get your vin number from your dealership, then you've significantly reduced the number of people accessing details about your car.

You can get ongoing details from your dealer, too. Or if you use Ford's vin tracking web site that's good too, since you're sharing data only between you and ford.com.

http://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

This site has a good run down of the remaining build and delivery steps:

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2017/08/vehicle-tracking-system.html
On the other hand if you are just getting them to look at the status of your order and whether it has been scheduled, I see no issue. I agree I wouldn't want the VIN shared openly on the internet. Build date is fine.

It provides a good double check if your dealer is not being helpful.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
On the other hand if you are just getting them to look at the status of your order and whether it has been scheduled, I see no issue. I agree I wouldn't want the VIN shared openly on the internet. Build date is fine.

It provides a good double check if your dealer is not being helpful.
Yes but with maybe a little more info like mailing address, which I could figure out for some folks here at least, I could try to impersonate you in a phone call to customer service and possibly cause some damage.

My point is that while you can maybe trust the folks replying on that site, you shouldn't trust the entire rest of the Internet's users who also have access to read posts on that site.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
page comes up with a big blank space in the middle marked "Enhanced by Google". My privacy controls must be blocking it. sound like it's no big loss though.

OP
OP

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
page comes up with a big blank space in the middle marked "Enhanced by Google". My privacy controls must be blocking it. sound like it's no big loss though.
There is a big old group of ads at the top.

However I was finally able to get a hold of ford help line without being sent directly to the questionnaire and did confirm that I had a legit order (took nearing 20 mins to actually find my order)

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Unfortunately, VIN order tracking requires ... a VIN ā˜¹ It would be nice if there was a way I could give them an order number and dealer number and see that nothing is happening ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There is a big old group of ads at the top.

However I was finally able to get a hold of ford help line without being sent directly to the questionnaire and did confirm that I had a legit order (took nearing 20 mins to actually find my order)
Took them almost an hour to find mine as well. Tons of questions: dealer zip code, dealer name, my zip code, was put on hold multiple times for 5-10 minutes each time. One time, she came back and tried to tell me to contact my dealer for info. I explained my dealer had no info so I figured Iā€™d try asking Ford. I honestly got the feeling they were shuffling through multiple stacks of paper or something. It didnā€™t feel very organized (or automated). Maybe they need a CRM system?

OP
OP

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Took them almost an hour to find mine as well. Tons of questions: dealer zip code, dealer name, my zip code, was put on hold multiple times for 5-10 minutes each time. One time, she came back and tried to tell me to contact my dealer for info. I explained my dealer had no info so I figured Iā€™d try asking Ford. I honestly got the feeling they were shuffling through multiple stacks of paper or something. It didnā€™t feel very organized (or automated). Maybe they need a CRM system?
ok now you have me wondering if he really did find my order or was just repeating back to me everything I said to him o_O oh well if I get it I get it. Glad I have not deleted that bad review I have ready for my dealer's yelp page ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
ok now you have me wondering if he really did find my order or was just repeating back to me everything I said to him o_O oh well if I get it I get it. Glad I have not deleted that bad review I have ready for my dealer's yelp page ?
Wait - did you call your dealer? Or Ford? I was talking about my call to the Ford help line/customer care line/whatever. The one that has the recording that whines about an overwhelming response to bronco, then you select the option for the ā€œMustang-inspired electric carā€ (seriously Ford? WTF???) you get another recording that whines about an overwhelming response to the ā€œMustang-inspired electric carā€ (again, seriously Ford? WTF?) and suggests you visit Ford.com or contact your dealer. After 15 minutes of waiting, you finally get connected to the poor frazzled lady I described who seemingly is digging through between 50,000 and 80,000 pieces of paper in random order, as near as I can tell. Sheā€™s very nice though and really TRYING to help! I gave her top marks on the survey!

OP
OP

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait - did you call your dealer? Or Ford? I was talking about my call to the Ford help line/customer care line/whatever. The one that has the recording that whines about an overwhelming response to bronco, then you select the option for the ā€œMustang-inspired electric carā€ (seriously Ford? WTF???) you get another recording that whines about an overwhelming response to the ā€œMustang-inspired electric carā€ (again, seriously Ford? WTF?) and suggests you visit Ford.com or contact your dealer. After 15 minutes of waiting, you finally get connected to the poor frazzled lady I described who seemingly is digging through between 50,000 and 80,000 pieces of paper in random order, as near as I can tell. Sheā€™s very nice though and really TRYING to help! I gave her top marks on the survey!
yeah I called the same ford 800 line. took 3 tries to get someone as I would wait for 10 mins then go directly to the survey but got a guy that also had trouble finding my order. He was helpful in that he didn't just brush me off after I gave him my phone number that was suppose to be on my order but he couldnt find it with that. Gave the address and didn't find it there. Then realized he was looking at the bronco orders but still had a bit of trouble after looking at the mach e orders but then said that he found it and was still in waiting (not his words) mode but that it was in the system.
Sponsored