Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I run my OTA shortcut twice a day when I know an update is available for me. ?
Sponsored

Shaggyrn

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2012 Ford Fusion, 2007 Exp. Sport Tr
Country flag
Several questions are going unanswered:

1. How many vehicles are having this problem? It is both the Mach-E and the F-150 vehicles that are affected. If it is only a few hundred, I agree with you. Ford should just bite the bullet and make early adopters happy about being first in line to purchase their signature electric vehicle and best selling truck! If it is many thousands, then Ford should be working 24/7 to get this fixed, if they believe it can truly be fixed via software. My problem with this approach is that what happens in a year or two down the road when it happens again? Will these still be replaced under warranty?

2. Why do some/most APIMS work properly while others do not? If it is hardware causing the problems, why doesn't Ford demand the supplier of the APIM replace those units at their expense? If it is a software loading problem, why can't a complete reload of the software for that module at the dealership resolve the issue?

3. If there was a problem testing the "fix" - working for some units, but bricking others, then that seems to indicate that there may be several different hardware versions of the APIM in the field. How could quality control inspections have allowed this to happen?

You seem to be concerned that there may be other modules involved as well. I am not so sure about that as in all cases, is the the update of the APIM that fails. I have not read or heard about any other modules not loading properly. But we should be informed completely of what exactly is wrong with our cars.

It has been over three months now since this problem was reported. A correction is long overdue. The letter I was given from the dealership when the last attempt failed is attached to this post. There is no ambiguity in this letter. It says that if the problem has not been corrected by the end of February, 2022 to contact the dealership again. I plan to do that the first week of March to see if they will agree to condemn the APIM in my car and have it replaced.

It is just the waiting game with no information from Ford that is so disappointing. Without really knowing what the problem really is, it is all conjecture. If they will tell us exactly what is wrong, what is being done to correct it, how the fix will be applied, and when that correction will be done, I can live with it. But expecting us to just sit around and wait an unknown amount of time is just not going to cut it.

JMHO

Jim

Ford_Letter.jpg
I took my 12/20 build in on 2/21/22 for my FDRS to attempt update my APIM. Yet again it failed. I was informed that while SSM 50383 does say February I should wait until the end of March to see if it will do a OTA. If it has not I am to reschedule another appt. While it was at the dealership I had them check all the modules for updates. 10 other modules had outstanding updates that had not gotten the OTA. They were able to do them. But the APIM is still not taking an update. I had all the modules updated except the APIM (it would not update told to wait until Feb.) when I took car in for recall on roof and windshield. So since the beginning of Jan. the other modules have had little updates but to me it seems that they can not get a OTA because the APIM. This is starting to be very frustrating. They also say since they are having issues we get a free year of blue cruise. But you need your APIM to work to get this. So are they really giving us anything?

Scorpy2643

First Name
Scorpy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD, 2018 F350 Platinum
Country flag
No, because Ford won't fix mine and many others and we can't receive updates. Be glad you didn't buy too early.