Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E?

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I expected it in the T, but after one week of ownership I received my first single finger salute from a passenger in a chevy suv.

I didn't do nuthin, wasn't following close, wasn't agressive in any way. just putting along a 30mph street at 35 listening to a podcast.

as the chevy in front of me pulls away at the light, the passenger gives me the single finger salute.

at that point, i knew, i need to keep a bigger distance from buford. not sure why, maybe it was the "that's not a mustang" thing, dunno. maybe just EV hate i guess.

anyone else experience the love as such?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not even sure people in Fairbanks know it is a EV! They certainly will this winter when no cloud is being released. No issues at all with haters.

OP
OP
Olds442

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
i've gotten far more positive responses than negative.

i don't get the hate though, i've never been triggered by someone driving a particular vehicle.

jd1820

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD
Country flag
I was using blue cruise on the freeway during rush hour to keep distance from the car in front of me. Some angry little man in a Toyota Yaris was tailgating me. After a few minutes he whipped around me and sprayed me with windshield wiper fluid.
I've had a CR-V with adaptive cruise control for years and I know that sometimes people see the gap and think I'm going too slow. But I've never had anyone do anything like that before.

smaisuria

First Name
Sharvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext.
Country flag
No hate as of yet. Got a thumbs up by a newer Mustang 5.0 and a handful of compliments so far (even had someone roll down their window on the highway paying compliments!). People hate what they don't understand or simply hate just to hate (hurt people, hurt people?). Focus on the positive, don't let these jackholes deter you. ;)

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Some angry little man in a Toyota Yaris was tailgating me. After a few minutes he whipped around me and sprayed me with windshield wiper fluid.
Can't say I'm surprised... I'd be angry at the world, too, if I had to drive a Yaris! 🤣

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
The first car that followed me gesturing wanted me to roll down my window and asked to take a picture of the car... Maybe they were saluting someone else or maybe they (mistakenly) think you wronged them/cut them off in some other way.

But the MME has a built in solution - make sure you're the one pulling away from the light and you won't see this type of behavior anymore.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Here in Calgary, there are very few Mach E's (a lot of Teslas though). Most people don't know it's an EV. I do get a lot of looks, and interesting stares - especially at night when my Pony's lit up.

A few people have asked about it, sincerely interested.

So far, no negative comments, which is surprising living in the Oil Capital of Canada, a.k.a. Second Texas.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
Most people even don't know it's an EV...
Sponsored