Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Indian Roadmaster - Beemer 40e
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
Thanks for figures . Will see the handmade demo here in Oslo Norway Wednesday evening .
Sponsored

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I never received any contact from the dealer I selected, so I decided to stop by in person to see what things look there. I chose this dealer because it was closest, but I'd never been there. I was very pleasantly surprised by a modern, clean, well organized showroom. The salesperson was very knowledgable about the car and program. He has a deposit on one himself, having previously both Focus electric and Fusion PHEV. They already have two charging stations and will be installing two more. Very forward looking group as they are 100% electric over all their brands. I'll stay with them.

jaash

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My dealer gave me a brochure, after I asked for it. You would think Ford would send us something
in the mail..
I'll agree with this -- how much additional marketing buzz and excitement could Ford build if they sent each of us that gave them a $500 deposit something in the mail, like a T shirt or coffee mug or whatever various swag they would like us to show off for them?!? Seems like a missed opportunity for Ford to use the cash they have in hand to create more excitement around their already excited community of buyers, while allowing us to show off the swag and create more buzz in public

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'll agree with this -- how much additional marketing buzz and excitement could Ford build if they sent each of us that gave them a $500 deposit something in the mail, like a T shirt or coffee mug or whatever various swag they would like us to show off for them?!? Seems like a missed opportunity for Ford to use the cash they have in hand to create more excitement around their already excited community of buyers, while allowing us to show off the swag and create more buzz in public
I'm a bit jealous of the Tesla Model 3 reservation holders who all got concept sketches in the mail. Those were cool.

I got an email so that was nice, I guess.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It could be a lot worse. On October 16 I gave Volvo a deposit on an XC-40 Recharge. Since then I have not heard from them. Nothing. What's worse, Volvo has release no new information or promotional material about the car.

Jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Here's evidence from Ford's "Making the Mustang Mach-E" video that SYNC 4A uses React in its user interface. The Ford web site is using Angular (its tags are visible in the page sources). Maybe they use both in the same team... who knows. Just thought I'd share this fun view of a tiny bit of SYNC 4A code. :)

I agree with you that in a company as large as Ford, it's highly unlikely that the ford.com web devs are the same people working on MME or SYNC 4A.

sync4a.jpg
This could be a screen shot from anywhere though, it's not necessarily for the MME.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This could be a screen shot from anywhere though, it's not necessarily for the MME.
True. Though it's from a Ford official video about the behind the scenes of the Mach-E, and shows packages with names like EVContainer, Climate container, AlexaContainer, etc.

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
I got a very cool mug from Ford that got ruined in microwave/dishwasher.
Sponsored