Anyone else keeps having messages about the car being charged outside times but times are valid?

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
So when I got my MME, I setup my settings as follows:

Use my charge times.
Charge times are 24h 7d at 90% at my home.
Departure times are weekdays at 8:20 am.

For 2-3 weeks, everything was just fine. Car would charge and stop at 90%, my car would be ready everyday at 8:20am, heated up (it was cold out and this was a great feature).

Then I thought I would lower the charge to 80% to keep my battery's life longer since I don't do that many big roadtrips yet. I also moved up the time to 8:25am since my daughter takes a bit more time to get ready in the mornings when we need to leave.

Ever since I changed both settings, my car will charge properly to 80%, but will no longer ready the car for my departure times. Everyime I leave my car I get a message saying that my MME will need to charge outside charging times to be ready for the next departure... and I have some messages on the MME's screen about conflicting charge times?

But when I look at the data.. everything is fine! On both the FordPass App and on the MME, I have the settings to charge all the time to a max of 80% and to have the car ready for me for 8:25am.

Anyone knows what I could be missing? I was thinking about going in the Sync4 setting and resetting it to factory default in case and then resetting my settings, but before I do that, I just wanted to check if someone had the same issues and if they were able to fix them.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
yes, and it made me cancel the charging schedule and change to anytime. The ford pass app is too full of useless notifications and is now generating warnings on my iphone of constant pinging. There must be a compromise setting. I don't need to know every single event.

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes, and it made me cancel the charging schedule and change to anytime. The ford pass app is too full of useless notifications and is now generating warnings on my iphone of constant pinging. There must be a compromise setting. I don't need to know every single event.
But that's the thing.. I am set to charge at Anytime. There are settings : Charge when plugged in and Charge using my Prefered Settings and under Prefered Settings I have it set to Anytime. If I set it to Charge when plugged in, can I still cap it?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Got it. Yeah then that's strange. Well, one of many strange glitches let's say.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Short answer: Yes

But that's the thing.. I am set to charge at Anytime. There are settings : Charge when plugged in and Charge using my Prefered Settings and under Prefered Settings I have it set to Anytime. If I set it to Charge when plugged in, can I still cap it?
I have mine set to Charge using preferred settings, and the preferred settings is midnight to six.

I'd wonder if the issue is that charge when plugged in always conflicts with charging using preferred settings but mine isn't set up that way. Maybe I should try that. LOL

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Short answer: Yes

I have mine set to Charge using preferred settings, and the preferred settings is midnight to six.

I'd wonder if the issue is that charge when plugged in always conflicts with charging using preferred settings but mine isn't set up that way. Maybe I should try that. LOL
I tried both and either I have Prefered Charged Settings or Charge when I plug in, I get the same problem.

I'm just about to delete my location, delete my times, reset Sync4 and re-set every again from scratch. Spring is coming and technically I can just manually start the car 20 mins before I leave the house for the remaining cold days, but it really sucks that this feature worked flawlessly for 3weeks until I tweaked the values :\

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have gotten that message - of having to charge outside of the scheduled times too randomly. I had one day when the car was still preconditioning at 7 am (my set dep time) even though it said it was ready but clearly not. I also like you changed my departure times and this started happening.

Yet to figure out what is happening or how the MME behaves. I have only had it for a week, so still figuring it out.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
Yes. It drives me crazy getting those notifications. I have it set to charge anytime because my electric company doesn't even offer off peak rates.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine is set to charge anytime, but recently I've started getting messages that it won't reach the target charge level even when my next departure is the next day. I also get them when my battery is already charged to the specified charge level... Vehicle preconditioning at the set departure times seems to have stopped working around the same time too, so I have to use remember to use Remote Start in the app.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I've noticed what appears to be a bug in "Anytime". It translates "anytime" as being from 12:00am to 12:00am ... ??

My time-of-use rate is discounted when I charge after 11pm but before 9am on weekdays ... but anytime on weekends.

When i set that schedule, the car won't charge on weekends at all... unless I force it. It does work on weekdays (and starts charging at 11:00pm).

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've noticed what appears to be a bug in "Anytime". It translates "anytime" as being from 12:00am to 12:00am ... ??

My time-of-use rate is discounted when I charge after 11pm but before 9am on weekdays ... but anytime on weekends.

When i set that schedule, the car won't charge on weekends at all... unless I force it. It does work on weekdays (and starts charging at 11:00pm).
I never had an issue with the Charging Anytime from 12am to 12am. When I plug my car, it starts charging. Just that it won't pre-condition anymore and it keeps saying to be able to pre-condition it needs to charge outside allowed times, which is stupid, because it's always allowed :\

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I received the same messages. It’s as if my car refuses to forget the initial settings I established in Fordpass.....

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received the same messages. It’s as if my car refuses to forget the initial settings I established in Fordpass.....
Yeah, it would make sense. My previous settings were at 90%. So it would explain that I get a message that it won't be able to charge my vehicle at 90% since I now capped it at 80%.

Reactions: JSW
OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I just deleted my location of Home and re-setup the location after having it plugged back in. Noticed some new messages I hadn't seen pop up for a while now. So going to see tomorrow if anything has changed.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah I was getting those messages every time I plugged in. I found a simple solution for them: turn off the notification setting for them.

I haven't got one since and everything has worked fine (car charges when its supposed to up to the proper programmed level, and the preconditioning works as scheduled).
Sponsored