Anyone else keeps having messages about the car being charged outside times but times are valid?

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
Yeah I was getting those messages every time I plugged in. I found a simple solution for them: turn off the notification setting for them.

I haven't got one since and everything has worked fine (car charges when its supposed to up to the proper programmed level, and the preconditioning works as scheduled).
The charge is charging properly, but not the preconditionning. If the preconditionning worked, I would just ignore the messages like you said, but seems I'm not the only one that preconditionning
stopped working after they started getting those messages.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The charge is charging properly, but not the preconditionning. If the preconditionning worked, I would just ignore the messages like you said, but seems I'm not the only one that preconditionning
Interesting: When I got the messages preconditioning still worked (and I still got the messages when I turned preconditioning off! LOL).

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I've noticed what appears to be a bug in "Anytime". It translates "anytime" as being from 12:00am to 12:00am ... ??

My time-of-use rate is discounted when I charge after 11pm but before 9am on weekdays ... but anytime on weekends.

When i set that schedule, the car won't charge on weekends at all... unless I force it. It does work on weekdays (and starts charging at 11:00pm).
this happened to me too. I fixed it by going in and setting weekend charging to 24 hours (8a to 8a for example) and it started charging. Apparently the car doesn’t know what the time value of “anytime” is. Baffled how this made it past QA and real world testing.

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this happened to me too. I fixed it by going in and setting weekend charging to 24 hours (8a to 8a for example) and it started charging. Apparently the car doesn’t know what the time value of “anytime” is. Baffled how this made it past QA and real world testing.
Yeah, that's the base of computer input:

"Get Information - Save Information"
"Get Information - Update Information"

Shouldn't be that complicated.. not sure how they can break something that easily.

Anyways, yesterday I deleted my home location in the Prefered Locations on the MME itself. Then I went back on my phone and re-setup my preconditionning times. Today, my car was preconditionned properly.

I am still getting messages about maximum charges. For example, I got a message saying :" Precondtionning will only be able to reach 80% because of charge settings." But my charge settings SAY to go to max 80%. So clearly, somewhere in the FordPassCloud of things, it still thinks that I want it to charge to a max of 90%, even though everywhere I look it's properly configured to be 80%.

So for now, at least it charges to a max of 80%, pre-conditionning seems to work well. Just that if you want to change settings, don't update them, DELETE the setting then create a new one seems to be the way to go for the moment.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes. I don't have a charging time set - just a departure time. I thought charging times were, like on my Prius, for people to use that have cheaper electric rates during certain time blocks.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've been having the same issue. I get messages that the car won't reach the desired charge level, etc, despite it charging just fine. Preconditioning stopped working after the the first couple of weeks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am still getting messages about maximum charges. For example, I got a message saying :" Precondtionning will only be able to reach 80% because of charge settings." But my charge settings SAY to go to max 80%. So clearly, somewhere in the FordPassCloud of things, it still thinks that I want it to charge to a max of 90%, even though everywhere I look it's properly configured to be 80%.
Maybe not. The message may just be reminding you that you set it to 80% max SOC. I could see someone's code saying
IF charging set to x%, where x < 100
THEN display message "Precondtionning will only be able to reach x% because of charge settings"

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe not. The message may just be reminding you that you set it to 80% max SOC. I could see someone's code saying
IF charging set to x%, where x < 100
THEN display message "Precondtionning will only be able to reach x% because of charge settings"
I can understand that, but it's kind of redundant to always show that message, no? I mean, I'm the one that set it to 80%, why remind me everyday that I set it to 80%?

The message makes more sense in my opinion when say you asked it to be 80%, but it cannot reach 80% and it only tells you what % it thinks it will reach based on my charge settings. Say my car is at 40% and in my charge settings, I only have 1h left to charge at home, so it knows it will never reach 80%, then yeah, give me that message.

Just that the message leads me to believe that something is wrong in the code. I used to have my car at 90% and for weeks, never had that message. (I know 90% is the recommended charge % by Ford). Since I moved it down to 80%, I constantly have that message. It's not a huge bother, but it makes me feel that somewhere in the system, it still thinks that it should charge to 90% instead of the new 80% where it should have made sure that everywhere in the system it should be 80%.

But like you said, maybe they have a line of code that says : " Warn user if the charge %is lower than the recommended Ford % " and it just so happened that I used to set it at the value where it wouldn't show a message.

In the end, maybe have a way to disable specific messages. Like that one specific message, I could say: "No longer warn me about reaching % because of charge settings." I don't want to remove all messages, just the ones that I don't care about :p

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
I am having all of these issues. Constantly getting multiple messages on the app including:
Schedule charge did not begin
Deserts charge level will not be reached
vehicle will charge outside the preferred time

In addition, I had scheduled departure times to precondition the car. It worked maybe one night and then stopped.

What confuses me is the schedule charging. I have a home charger with a Chargepoint app set up and scheduled to charge during low peak hours at night. I assume that overrides the schedule in the Ford app. Even so, I have the Ford absent at any time and no specific schedule is set on that. At least my car does charge overnight during the proper time. The notifications are a pain in the ass. Also disappointed that the pre-conditioning is not working. It’s still pretty cold where I live!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yeah I was getting those messages every time I plugged in. I found a simple solution for them: turn off the notification setting for them.

I haven't got one since and everything has worked fine (car charges when its supposed to up to the proper programmed level, and the preconditioning works as scheduled).
I will have to try that solution. ?

My initial fix has been to log off FordPass. I forgot to do that this morning though and I got that message at 7:53 am (on my phone). I was driving on the freeway from 7:50 to 8:20, so that is a bit odd for that message to send at that point......
Sponsored