Anyone else tired of flooring it when the traffic signal changes to green?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m always amused when someone who has no idea what I’m driving thinks they’re going to blow past me at the red light. It’s somehow satisfying to see them far behind in the rear view mirror just moments later ? mind you, I’m only talking about idiots in pick up trucks (not raptors) or other vehicles that AREN’T true performance vehicles. I don’t play games. I just enjoy playing with people who think they’re going to cut me off ?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
We have one intersection near our house that 100 yards after you cross it, it merges into 1 lane. There have been a few times that I will get in the lane that merges and the person in the other lane expects to blow past me. I don't even have to floor it or go to 60, just that quick blast of torque to get in front is so much fun.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mix of city/suburb/highway. If I'm in front, I give it 100% until I hit the speed limit...so not very long, and I frequently overshoot by a bit. The acceleration is too much fun, and I'm STILL beating the tar out of the EPA's estimates.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was driving a friend around and we were stopped at a 4 lane, one direction stoplight. When the light turned green I didn't floor it but gave the throttle probably a 70% press and my friend says 'I didn't realize how fast we were even going until I looked back and no one had even crossed the intersection yet.'

Last edited:

Cay_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White MME Awd
Country flag
I am obsessed with the acceleration. My favorite is the forced merge. I love turning on to the highway and peeling out. The acceleration happens so fast I know it shocks others. And that is in Engage!

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Anyone notice if it is less snappy as the batter percent goes down? I can’t figure out if it is in my head but it doesn’t seem to pull as hard when the percent gets below 80%

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Every time I am at one of those lanes like Patrick describes that merges a few hundred yards past a light and I get smoked every time in my Fusion Enrgi when someone passes on the right, I just sigh and count the months until my Mach-E comes when I can say "Not Today"...

"What do we say to the god of death?"..."Not Today"
- cool people from Game of Thrones-

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
I was playing with a CG GT on the freeway last weekend and walked right away from it at 65. Mind you that was the precise moment that the HOV lane reappeared and I used that for my walk-away. Still, a crafty walk-away should count. ?
Sponsored