Anyone else tired of FordPass & charging?

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Anyone else constantly having issues adjusting charging with FordPass?

This has been ongoing for like a year!

configure pre-departure… FordPass says it’s set… car has no clue.

I wanted to check out the new charging % in FP yesterday. Car had already charged for the day though. Pressed “charge to 100%” and forgot it’s outside my charging window. Can’t modify that in FP either. So I hit “resume schedule” and move on with my day.

Car didn’t show it was set to charge to 100%.

wake up this morning… and she’s at 100%!

argh. </rant>
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It seems the issue here is you didn't verify that your command via FordPass to Resume Schedule, which stops charging, actually stopped it.

OP
OP

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
FP showed it "back to normal" and the "charge to 100%" button appeared again...after I cancelled and hit "resume schedule"

Not really sure what else I could have done?

It seems like Ford is queuing messages to the car (charge to 100%.... pre condition changes...) and pushes it randomly... but doesnt push them all or its just not reliable?

Interesting to note that remote start works 100% of the time without issue. Same with lock/unlock.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
FP showed it "back to normal" and the "charge to 100%" button appeared again...after I cancelled and hit "resume schedule"

Not really sure what else I could have done?

It seems like Ford is queuing messages to the car (charge to 100%.... pre condition changes...) and pushes it randomly... but doesnt push them all or its just not reliable?

Interesting to note that remote start works 100% of the time without issue. Same with lock/unlock.
Yes to being tired of FordPass for charging. I use the car itself. It’s been disastrous since day one.
I completely agree with your observations about messages being unreliable getting to the car. And it is super weird that remote start/lock/unlock work so reliably. But then these have worked on my f-150’s back to 2010. So those are well tested push notifications that aren’t making changes to a configuration file somewhere in some computer module.

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
Maybe one day in the distant future--Ford Pass may be reliable--until that day, I would highly recommend just setting your schedules in the car. Nuff said.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
I've never had the issue with starting/stopping/resuming scheduled charging, but always had issues with pre-condition schedule. The one thing that's seemed to work semi-reliably is sending some sort of command to the car first, like a lock or unlock. Then go to the schedule and make your changes. It's annoying, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: Just tried This morning, didn’t touch the car or do anything else in FordPass. Just went straight to departure times and turned it on. Walked out to the car and it was on and set. Maybe they fixed it with the latest FordPass.
Sponsored

Last edited: