Anyone experience damage done to their cars during transport from Mexico?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone experience any damage done to their cars during transport from Mexico?
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Has anyone experience any damage done to their cars during transport from Mexico?
why do you ask? just curious or did you see any damage on your vehicle? We have only heard of two or three on the forum as far I can recollect - a misaligned door and some scratches on the on one or two deliveries and the dealers were taking care of fixing them.

OP
OP
Ponypower50

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No I have not received my Mach e yet. Maybe in about a week. I was asking because due to the weather and distance they travel.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
No I have not received my Mach e yet. Maybe in about a week. I was asking because due to the weather and distance they travel.
Ok - looks like so far only a small number of reports

OP
OP
Ponypower50

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great,

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I believe @TheVirtualTim did on his, the bottom part of the bumper where it is black, but I think he said the dealer immediately took care of it, and they also told him ahead of time if he wasn't happy with the work, they would replace the whole part, though he could say if I am recalling right.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I believe @TheVirtualTim did on his, the bottom part of the bumper where it is black, but I think he said the dealer immediately took care of it, and they also told him ahead of time if he wasn't happy with the work, they would replace the whole part, though he could say if I am recalling right.
Yes, that's exactly right.

There scuff marks on the trim piece on the front of my car that look like they were caused by it scraping the ramps going on or off a car hauler. The dealer did take care of it and when they were finished I could not tell it had been repaired ... it was perfect.

The dealer told me that as the car is moved from carrier to carrier as it makes it way to the dealer, each new carrier is supposed to make sure they don't see any damage before accepting the car. Whoever has possession of the car when the damage is noticed is responsible (they would have insurance to handle it).

The story with my car is that the dealer noticed the damage on the car while it was still being unloaded. The driver of the car hauler said "it wasn't me". Dealer told him "It doesn't matter if it was you ... the contract says whoever has the car when the damage is spotted is responsible."

But they also told me Ford has a contract with the carriers in how the damage is to be handled. Dealers are supposed to attempt a repair before they start replacing body parts. The carrier responsible has to pay the bill (and they likely have insurance to cover it).

They also told me repair parts are often not available on brand new models for a few months. But even if the repair had not been perfect, they said the car would be drivable so I'd be able to accept it and wait for the part. They would have painted it when the new part arrived, let it cure, and then call me to bring the car in to get the part swapped. That wasn't actually necessary for my car because the scuff marks weren't really as deep as they looked.

Reactions: ARK

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
We have had the car four days. this morning, in the cold garage (36-degrees?), I noticed a door "click". sure enough, the front of the driver's door is clicking on the front fender, just barely catching on it. No chip yet but as reported by another member, it will likely chip the paint soon and could cause a bend. I don't blame this on damage during shipment but a slightly out of aligned door. looks good during inspection when closed but you can see the lower section is a fraction of an inch "out" from the front fender.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
We have had the car four days. this morning, in the cold garage (36-degrees?), I noticed a door "click". sure enough, the front of the driver's door is clicking on the front fender, just barely catching on it. No chip yet but as reported by another member, it will likely chip the paint soon and could cause a bend. I don't blame this on damage during shipment but a slightly out of aligned door. looks good during inspection when closed but you can see the lower section is a fraction of an inch "out" from the front fender.
When my Bolt arrived, it had exactly that problem. Dealer fixed it while I waited.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
not that I've noticed

FirstEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE FE
Country flag
Driver door had a dent noticeable enough to show up on the picture the dealer sent me when the car arrived. It was at the body shop before I had a chance to get there, and no trace of it by the time I was able to see the car for myself. Still waiting on Ford to ship out a new "Mach E 4X" badge to place on the door, as the body shop had to pop that off to repair the dent.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes I had a strange substance on the windshield that required the dealer to go back and remove most of it although it didn't get all of it. I would only show up in cold weather as large blotches on the windshield surface.

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
I got mine with a small crack on the inner rear fender well piece, going in on saturday to get it fixed. I made sure to mention it that they had to get it fixed on their dime before I signed on the dotted line. They photographed it and ordered the parts.
Sponsored