Anyone experience damage done to their cars during transport from Mexico?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
That was a big concern of mine after watching it for 3 moths in a holding pattern, and with the weather in KC at the time it was held for "service." It was very dirty inside and out, and there were a variety of chips in the paint, plastic trim, scratches on the glass, etc- but there were no scrapes or evidence of damage by transport.

The dealer's preferred body shop was subpar but took care of most of the scratches etc (as long as I keep my reading glasses off when looking at the car.)

I'd feel much better picking up a new one now that most of the production issues seem to be worked out and transport time should be shorter. The last new Ford I purchased (Escape Hybrid) was also a special order but it was spotless (even though it was about ½ the price.)
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Has anyone experience any damage done to their cars during transport from Mexico?
I stopped by my dealership last weekend to look at the GTs they had. Salesperson mentioned that 1 in 6 Mach-Es they’ve recently had come in were damaged in transit. He mentioned it’s mostly the rear “spoiler” and third break light area.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
One thing about the plastic trim- it just gets replaced, instead of corrected. Wasteful yes, but also fixed like new.

I stopped by my dealership last weekend to look at the GTs they had. Salesperson mentioned that 1 in 6 Mach-Es they’ve recently had come in were damaged in transit. He mentioned it’s mostly the rear “spoiler” and third break light area.

btcook

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Lariat, 2021 MME GT
Country flag
Something was dropped on the roof, likely a tie down strap. Left a 3” long but very shallow crease and some yellow paint. Dealer found it during their inspection and immediately made me aware of it when I picked up the car. It was repaired by a body shop the next week, and looks perfect.
Sponsored