Anyone familiar with (Recall) field service action number 21b36?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I took my car this morning for the update but my app still gives me the warning that the recall is needed. Any idea how to remove it?
It will take a little while to clear. Had that with an earlier SSM when I got the car. Cleared in about a week.

Fusionblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach~E, Kia Telluride, BMW 335i
Occupation
IT fiddler
Country flag
Update -

I was at the dealership to get this update done. Took about 1.5 hours and I am not sure if it fixed anything.

Details -
The advisor told me that the upgrade was completed and I was good to go. I was told to re-pair my phone as key and everything would work fine.
Back home - Bluetooth did not connect at all. I reinstalled the app and tried. No luck.
Then I deleted all stored keys on the app, rebooted Sync (Vol up + scan right), and by the love of god Bluetooth connected. That’s about it. PAAK does not work, back to square one. I regret having deleted the app to dismiss the silly alert in the first place. I should have waited for the OTA update.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
21B36
Confusing.
Ford says it will be available OTA later.
Forum says it cannot be done OTA. Must be plugged into computer.
The FSA instructions do say to plug in 12Vto charger, download, etc.
Confused.
Not willing to chance turning my MME over to dealer right now even if I could find one both willing and capable of installing 21B36. (Dealership I picked up MME has blown me off since I gave them a good review. Stupid me - thought good review would be to my favor. Dealer would not order front license plate bracket pins [needed them to reinstall after PPF install]. Just ordered decal from Canadian Co. and PPF guy put it on, no cost. Tried another dealer for 21B36. They will not respond to request for appointment or return call.)
MME functions well for now in spite of FordPass/Sync4 failings/limitations. I just limit PAAK nonsense for now- always have fob in pocket.
Admirers are all males, 20 to70 years old. They all are amazed and have good things to say.
I guess cars are no longer babe magnets. A good thing, marriage is.
Still having fun. Hope you are as well.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
21B36
Confusing.
Ford says it will be available OTA later.
Forum says it cannot be done OTA. Must be plugged into computer.
The FSA instructions do say to plug in 12Vto charger, download, etc.
Confused.
Not willing to chance turning my MME over to dealer right now even if I could find one both willing and capable of installing 21B36. (Dealership I picked up MME has blown me off since I gave them a good review. Stupid me - thought good review would be to my favor. Dealer would not order front license plate bracket pins [needed them to reinstall after PPF install]. Just ordered decal from Canadian Co. and PPF guy put it on, no cost. Tried another dealer for 21B36. They will not respond to request for appointment or return call.)
MME functions well for now in spite of FordPass/Sync4 failings/limitations. I just limit PAAK nonsense for now- always have fob in pocket.
Admirers are all males, 20 to70 years old. They all are amazed and have good things to say.
I guess cars are no longer babe magnets. A good thing, marriage is.
Still having fun. Hope you are as well.
It will be available via OTA per Ford Official's most recent communications on here as well as through FordPass messaging, but only at a later date. To get the update ASAP it must be done via a dealership.

Beachcats

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It says "phone as a key software update" and wants me to take it to a dealer, but, I'm confused why that wouldn't be done OTA.
I saw the notice and called my dealer (Gary Yeoman's Ford in Daytona Beach). They are scheduled to come to me tomorrow for a mobile update. I'll keep the forum posted. I have had horrible troubles with PAAK. Usually does not work. I hope their will help. Otherwise, we really like it Mach-E.

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
I saw the notice on my FordPass last week. I have an appointment on Wednesday to do the update.

ArthurW

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Service Manager ICT company
Country flag
Hey there, all! An over-the-air update is being developed and will be available later this year. We want to provide a solution now rather than wait until the OTA update is ready. If you prefer not to wait for the OTA option, please schedule a service appointment with your local dealership to have your software updated at your convenience. Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to update the Phone as a Key software free of charge (parts and labor). Thank you!

I have the same problems with PAAK, even with a IPhone 12. So, is this an us only (21B36) notification/update or global (EU in my case)?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
It will take a little while to clear. Had that with an earlier SSM when I got the car. Cleared in about a week.

I had the FSA 21b36 update done at Dealership 2 weeks ago, and the 'recall notice' flags and icon badge are still showing in my FordPass.... I really wish the notices would clear once you've had the update done.

Shouldn't this happen automatically once the Dealership logs the service on your VIN ?

Jacque

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It says "phone as a key software update" and wants me to take it to a dealer, but, I'm confused why that wouldn't be done OTA.
I just had mine at the dealer. It state that they did the 21B36. But it also say no rma update was available. So I am confused.

Jacque

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the same problems with PAAK, even with a IPhone 12. So, is this an us only (21B36) notification/update or global (EU in my case)?
I was just at my dealership. It says they performed the 21B36, but also says no RFA was available??

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OTA is coming later this year. The dealer can perform the upgrade at the dealership. Just completed the process today at no cost.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I had the FSA 21b36 update done at Dealership 2 weeks ago, and the 'recall notice' flags and icon badge are still showing in my FordPass.... I really wish the notices would clear once you've had the update done.

Shouldn't this happen automatically once the Dealership logs the service on your VIN ?
A little update on this is that I found out that although my Dealer invoiced Ford for the Service... they didn't log it correctly against my VIN. Ford has contacted my Dealer and hopefully 'educated' them on correct procedures. So, the flags *should* drop off my screen .... eventually ....

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Update -

I was at the dealership to get this update done. Took about 1.5 hours and I am not sure if it fixed anything.

Details -
The advisor told me that the upgrade was completed and I was good to go. I was told to re-pair my phone as key and everything would work fine.
Back home - Bluetooth did not connect at all. I reinstalled the app and tried. No luck.
Then I deleted all stored keys on the app, rebooted Sync (Vol up + scan right), and by the love of god Bluetooth connected. That’s about it. PAAK does not work, back to square one. I regret having deleted the app to dismiss the silly alert in the first place. I should have waited for the OTA update.
Just got back from the dealer and got "phone not supported". It's a Samsung Note 10. I did your suggestion of resetting Sync with volume up and right arrow, and by golly it works. Did you get yours working yet?
Sponsored