Anyone familiar with (Recall) field service action number 21b36?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
It says "phone as a key software update" and wants me to take it to a dealer, but, I'm confused why that wouldn't be done OTA.

I just got this today...., and am betting it is the two existing SSM updates for PAAK.

Apparently has to be done at Dealership since it requires wiping out PAAK setting and updating the module it requires you to bring your phone AND your key fob to Dealership to reset/reload PAAK and BackupStartCode.

My Dealership says it is a 2 to 2-1/2 hr service..... not possible as OTA

Deleted member 3663

But again does this update actually do anything, cuz as far as I can tell paak sucks and will suck after update, so why bother getting the update? Nice Ford tells you absolutely nothing about what this recall actually fixes. Aka.. Get a clue Ford

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
After updating my FordPass app, I am now seeing the recall. Just got my self scheduled to get in for the update a week from tomorrow. Good timing, as my wife was just venting about her frustration with PaaK over this past weekend. I generally don't mind the slow connection if it means that I don't have to carry the fob in my pocket, but if this improves the performance, I'm all for it.
Me too

norcalmach-e

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e California Route 1
Country flag
In just picked my MME Saturday, but noticed today that without the actual key and only the phone it says no key detected a lot.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’m rather concerned about this recall notice. PAAK works as advertised for me. I see no need to rush out to get it done, it can’t improve things (for me), that’s literally not possible. I’d be afraid it’d break things.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone familiar with (Recall) field service action number 21b36? 1623716838269

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m rather concerned about this recall notice. PAAK works as advertised for me. I see no need to rush out to get it done, it can’t improve things (for me), that’s literally not possible. I’d be afraid it’d break things.
Maybe it will fix your hatch that doesn’t like to be kicked.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Ok, did anyone use the online scheduler? When I get to services, it asks me if I want an oil/filter change, the worx, or diesel service. So, huh..

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Ok, did anyone use the online scheduler? When I get to services, it asks me if I want an oil/filter change, the worx, or diesel service. So, huh..
I did, but just filled in the box for "other service"

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I have no "real" issues with paak other than I park too close to my house. I just saw this in my account.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone familiar with (Recall) field service action number 21b36? 1623727379904

kmurraydesigns

First Name
Kaylin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I don’t have any issues with PAAK either and am worried that it will break something. Also I haven’t got the notice yet, I’ve only had my MME for 2 weeks and am wondering if the fixes others were taking their cars into the dealer for was already done on mine ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I don’t have any issues with PAAK either and am worried that it will break something. Also I haven’t got the notice yet, I’ve only had my MME for 2 weeks and am wondering if the fixes others were taking their cars into the dealer for was already done on mine ?
My dealer did a lot of the updates in effect when I took delivery. I suspect that’s one reason PAAK has worked so well.

I’m currently planning on ignoring the recall for the time being unless it becomes necessary.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Could be that the update has to reprogram/rewrite a module and this could require setting up the phone again, so an OTA may have been determined to not be the best option.
Save your profile settings to a USB drive. That is to come later OTA. I most likely have had mine upgraded also and do not have the problems to the extent others are noting. Does not work perfect but functionable. I remember at the beginning and therefore do not comment works here. That fixes nothing and means less.
I just got this today...., and am betting it is the two existing SSM updates for PAAK.

Apparently has to be done at Dealership since it requires wiping out PAAK setting and updating the module it requires you to bring your phone AND your key fob to Dealership to reset/reload PAAK and BackupStartCode.

My Dealership says it is a 2 to 2-1/2 hr service..... not possible as OTA
I got it back wiped once. Not hard to setup again clean. Getting better. I think I will keep my phone. Good to see Ford taking the future tech seriously. Most likely service now and just a minor OTA in the future. No sense complicating the fixes at this stage.
Sponsored