Anyone familiar with (Recall) field service action number 21b36?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
So did you have to reinstall Ford Pass and/or reprogram your phone?
I just got back from Dealership....

service update took about an hour and DOES require you to bring in KeyFob,
but fortunately does NOT require remove/replace of Fordpass or re-installing anything on customer side. It looks like all my console settings were retained as well.

Service said that it takes about an hour or sometimes overnight for all the modules to fall asleep, reset, reboot, and sort things out internally... but PAAK *should* work better in the morning.

I've put my KeyFob back in the drawer, and plan to reboot my phone in the morning and see what happens!
Sponsored

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if we will ever be able to use PAAK and our only fob to program another fob. I feel like their excuse of using PAAK instead of a real fob should benefit more than one party...

tminter4

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I took mine into the dealership today and they stated they won't have the software update until the first part of July. She suggested that I contact them to schedule the update then. She did say it would take about 2 1/2 hours to complete.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I wonder if we will ever be able to use PAAK and our only fob to program another fob. I feel like their excuse of using PAAK instead of a real fob should benefit more than one party...
well, if PAAK works reliably, it's better than a Fob in my opinion. The Fob can stay in the drawer as a spare.

once you have PAAK set up, you set the BackUpStartCode, and you are set even if you lose or damage your phone.... which is REALLY nice if you happen to lose or damage it while 'out in the wild' hiking, biking, skiing or whatever.

My initial anger at getting one physical Fob dissipated once I was able to set my StartCode and have a virtual spare way to start the car.

mrdubleyou

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium AWD EXT, '95 GT 5.0 Mustang
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I saw it on the app. Called the dealer and its a legitimate update that can't be done OTA. I have a service appt. for Friday am. They said the update should take less than an hour.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I took mine into the dealership today and they stated they won't have the software update until the first part of July. She suggested that I contact them to schedule the update then. She did say it would take about 2 1/2 hours to complete.
You may want to contact a different Dealership. The update is available NOW. They may not be trained on how to install it, but it if available. Only took about an hour.... I won't know if it improved reliability until tomorrow earliest.

tminter4

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
You may want to contact a different Dealership. The update is available NOW. They may not be trained on how to install it, but it if available. Only took about an hour.... I won't know if it improved reliability until tomorrow earliest.
I was planning on reaching out to another dealership tomorrow.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
Recall alert showed up on Ford Pass app. today. Just happened to be same day I was having after-market fob programmed by dealer, so they also updated the software config. in the remote function actuator module (RFA) to clear the error. My understanding was that RFA was in a loop to continuously restart. Maybe that fixes PAAK issues - ironically why I got second fob. But with cheapo fob and Pass points from car buy only out $130. - not too bad. I can confirm it is a 2-3 hr process which includes a call to Ford techs - my locals got no clue - your mileage my vary.
Please let us know how PaaK is working for you after the update?

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
I just got back from Dealership....

service update took about an hour and DOES require you to bring in KeyFob,
but fortunately does NOT require remove/replace of Fordpass or re-installing anything on customer side. It looks like all my console settings were retained as well.

Service said that it takes about an hour or sometimes overnight for all the modules to fall asleep, reset, reboot, and sort things out internally... but PAAK *should* work better in the morning.

I've put my KeyFob back in the drawer, and plan to reboot my phone in the morning and see what happens!
Please let us know how PaaK is working for you after the update?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I updated the app yesterday morning but only received the recall notification in the top left corner about 36hrs later. It is baffling to me why the timing differs. And I likewise only get an interminable loading message. God Ford why can’t you get anything FordPass-related to work right? You can’t even get the error and recall notifications to work right!!

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Could be that the update has to reprogram/rewrite a module and this could require setting up the phone again, so an OTA may have been determined to not be the best option.
The SSM that fixes the PaaK issue does not require reprogramming on the phone (it did not on mine), but the dealer will need the key fob in order to perform the update. Maybe just to move the car in and out of the garage.

Deleted member 3663

Please let us know if it works better!

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
Can they just give us promised card that opens the vehicle so I can put it in my wallet?
Sponsored