Anyone familiar with (Recall) field service action number 21b36?

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Spoke to three different dealerships. They're all asking for half a day to update the software. Not only that but they're not willing to give me a loaner "because it's a recall."

Kind of annoyed at having an entire OTA system but not using it for something like this.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Spoke to three different dealerships. They're all asking for half a day to update the software. Not only that but they're not willing to give me a loaner "because it's a recall."

Kind of annoyed at having an entire OTA system but not using it for something like this.
Who did you talk to at the dealer? If you talked to the service department, perhaps instead talk to the salesperson. Service is often very protective of any loaners they have.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Yep can confirm every time I try to update the status of the car the recall symbol pops up. Looks like there was a change done which prevents the phone app to communicate with the car and the update on the car is required in order for communication to continue. Even the odometer on my car is reading the wrong mileage on the app. I received a notification this morning that my car was charged but my charge level and odometer are wrong on the main page. Seems like the recall notification is blocking the status update in ford pass.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Nevermind I just took the car for a drive and the status updated

Deleted member 3663

It's not technically a recall.. field service actions show up in recalls, but they aren't recalls. They are field service actions... I have 4 others on my F-250 showing up in recalls, but they are not recalls.

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I will admit, the latest update seems to cause it to crash a lot for me. This seems to have been a trainwreck of an update. I'm on a Google pixel 2.
I gave up on it yesterday. I went in first thing this morning and it worked. Appointment is for this Friday.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
It says "phone as a key software update" and wants me to take it to a dealer, but, I'm confused why that wouldn't be done OTA.
apparently the bulk of the update has to be loaded thru ODB port at the Dealership.... takes about an hour, and you DO have to bring your KeyFob with you as they have to turn the MME on/off several times during the process.

I had it done yesterday.....

good news is that the process does not seem to have lost any of my settings or Backup Code, so it was pretty painless.

The 'recall notice' still shows in the upper left of my FordPass, but I would guess it will take a couple days for the service log to reach FordPass database showing my recall service completed.

I'll give an update in a couple days as to whether PAAK reliability has improved.

Deleted member 3663

The 'recall notice' still shows in the upper left of my FordPass, but I would guess it will take a couple days for the service log to reach FordPass database showing my recall service completed.
I had my F250 serviced for a recall recently, and it also had a couple of field service actions. The field service actions never went away, and still show... so I wouldn't be surprised if the field service action for the Mach-E remains, regardless if complete or not.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I had my F250 serviced for a recall recently, and it also had a couple of field service actions. The field service actions never went away, and still show... so I wouldn't be surprised if the field service action for the Mach-E remains, regardless if complete or not.
hhhmmmmm, I do note that it changed from red to green.... but it would be nice if it dropped off now that I got the update.

Deleted member 3663

hhhmmmmm, I do note that it changed from red to green.... but it would be nice if it dropped off now that I got the update.
Let's hope. Whenever I switch to my F250 in the app, I still see "View Important Notice" anytime I open the app... it won't go away until viewed. Then reappears when opening the app again. Maybe the Mach-E will be different and the View Important Notice goes away, as well as the item in the recall section.

BC122

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Please let us know how PaaK is working for you after the update?
Unlock hasn’t failed yet, connection speed still variable but never bad. Initially the walk away lock was inconsistent but today it’s working well with a new notification as well. Give PAAK overnight after update before troubleshooting.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Unlock hasn’t failed yet, connection speed still variable but never bad. Initially the walk away lock was inconsistent but today it’s working well with a new notification as well. Give PAAK overnight after update before troubleshooting.
mine seems to be staying connected MUCH better, even when hopping in/out of the vehicle to load stuff or doing quick errands. Samsung galaxy j7 running android 9.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Can they just give us promised card that opens the vehicle so I can put it in my wallet?
What card? Who promised a card? I never heard of anything like that.
Also I wouldn't want one. We have a passcode for entry as a backup.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
What card? Who promised a card? I never heard of anything like that.
I agree. I don't believe Ford ever said Mach E was going to have one. Tesla 3 and Y do, maybe you confused them.

Also I wouldn't want one. We have a passcode for entry as a backup.
I do actually want one, for the very occasional valet use. Giving valet passcodes is way too convoluted. Keeping a card in wallet (or hide it in a car) is more convenient then remembering to carry the keys in advance.

jimbobiii

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue ER AWD MME, Model 3
Country flag
Yeah I wish they had a card like Tesla. It’d be way more convenient backup than the FOB
Sponsored