Anyone figure out how to lower Mach-E suspension?

SHOK3R

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 c10 2016 s1000rr 2018 sti 2020 fat boy 2021 e
Country flag
Just ordered some wheels and wondering if anyone has figured out the lowering springs yet. Saw a bunch of people talking about getting some made but haven’t herd much lately.
Sponsored

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Don;t do it! The Mach-E was designed with the present height and lowering it will increase risk of underfloor and battery damage due to inclined ramps and speed reducers.

I see many small imports having trouble passing by my home as there is a four inch high speed reducer there. They have to slow down to a creep to pass it, and some still scrape their bellies. I have no issue since my Fusion is taller and its suspension allows me to pass it at 20 to 25 MPH speeds twice every day with no problems in seven years.

So if you don't want to lose your Mach-E, don't lower it.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don;t do it! The Mach-E was designed with the present height and lowering it will increase risk of underfloor and battery damage due to inclined ramps and speed reducers.

I see many small imports having trouble passing by my home as there is a four inch high speed reducer there. They have to slow down to a creep to pass it, and some still scrape their bellies. I have no issue since my Fusion is taller and its suspension allows me to pass it at 20 to 25 MPH speeds twice every day with no problems in seven years.

So if you don't want to lose your Mach-E, don't lower it.
The GT version will be about 1/2" lower than the non GT version. I ordered 1" lowering springs for mine from a friend that also ordered 1 1/2" lowering springs for his car and doubt I will have any issues. I have had my GT500 for over a year and it has 5000 miles on it. The front splitter is 3 3/4" above the ground. The lowest part under the car is the exhaust and it is also 3 3/4" off the ground. I have never hit or run into anything on that car. My friend also has a GT500 and his is even lower than mine. I think it all depends on where you live and where and how you drive the car.

OP
OP
SHOK3R

SHOK3R

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 c10 2016 s1000rr 2018 sti 2020 fat boy 2021 e
Country flag
The GT version will be about 1/2" lower than the non GT version. I ordered 1" lowering springs for mine from a friend that also ordered 1 1/2" lowering springs for his car and doubt I will have any issues. I have had my GT500 for over a year and it has 5000 miles on it. The front splitter is 3 3/4" above the ground. The lowest part under the car is the exhaust and it is also 3 3/4" off the ground. I have never hit or run into anything on that car. My friend also has a GT500 and his is even lower than mine. I think it all depends on where you live and where and how you drive the car.
Any chance I can order a set from ur friend as well?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any chance I can order a set from ur friend as well?
Both of ours are the first sets coming from the manufacture so we want to test them out and make sure it is up to our liking before we order more but we have had quite a few people interested in them.
Sponsored