Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard?

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Pro clip makes some of the best as they are specific to a car make and model. However I doubt they will have any for the mach e
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I use magnetic pucks in all my vehicle. They come with thin metal plates that go inside our phone cases. Wife and I just stick the phone to the pucks. Have 2 pucks in each vehicle for trips so we each can charge have a place for our phones on trips.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721D4NPP

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I use magnetic pucks in all my vehicle. They come with thin metal plates that go inside our phone cases. Wife and I just stick the phone to the pucks. Have 2 pucks in each vehicle for trips so we each can charge have a place for our phones on trips.

I use something very similar. But the one I use doesn't need as large an area for adhesion (so a better chance of working in Mach E). And it allows me to angle the phone towards me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XIAH3PE/

I haven't decided whether I'll use a phone mount in Mach E. I like the idea of wireless Android Auto and wireless charging.

If I do end up use a phone mount, the flat plastic (I hope it's not some sort of soft touch material) area next to the start/stop button would be the first area I'll try.

Last edited:
OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag

Thanks for the suggestion. I like the magnetic attachments myself. One handed on and off. The problem with the puck is that there is no way to mount that between the steering wheel and the LCD in this car.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lots of good suggestions here. I was also hoping to use the MagSafe mounting system so I don't have to fumble with a wire everytime I get in and out. I think I might be able to use one of the mounts suggested here and then just swap the ball head with one of the magsafe products out there. I just have to make sure the ball size is compatible.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The 15.5" center display has a pretty large bezel. Don't you think you could use a clamp mount with rubber grips, right on the top left corner of it?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
The 15.5" center display has a pretty large bezel. Don't you think you could use a clamp mount with rubber grips, right on the top left corner of it?
That's certainly an idea. If I have a choice, I'd rather block the start/stop button (as long as I can still push it) than block part of the display.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hadn't thought of that. Obviously I don't want to damage the LCD. I should be taking delivery in about 6 weeks so I think I'm going to bookmark this thread. It will be easier to figure out what's going to work once I have the car.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Just a crazy thought : Why not find a app the mirrors your phone, on the display and
leave the phone is the console tray to charge. Check this:

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I hadn't thought of that. Obviously I don't want to damage the LCD. I should be taking delivery in about 6 weeks so I think I'm going to bookmark this thread. It will be easier to figure out what's going to work once I have the car.
To build on that, I've used the Mountie to attach my phone to a lapdock. I don't see why it wouldn't also work here since it's the same problem/solution...

https://tenonedesign.com/mountie.php

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
"why do you need a phone mount?". .... If anyone has tried to mount a Phone I would be interested in hearing how you did it.
whatever your reason.... here is what I do in my older vehicles that do not have Navigation display, which I use a lot to get to client addresses...

HandsFreePhone1.jpg

HandsFreePhone2.jpg

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
OK so I realize with the huge LCD screen, Apple Car Play and the wireless charging pad the first thing everyone will ask is "why do you need a phone mount?". Granted the car has a huge screen and the interface is supposed to be great and I admit I have not gotten my order yet so i haven't tried to work with the built in interface but I have Apple CarPlay on my current car and I never use it because its too dumbed down (too many missing apps and limited accessibility to some features). Unless they have made a dramatic modification I would rather not be stuck using that.

The problem is that the dash leaves very little opportunity to put a phone mount anywhere near the driver. A vent mount would get in the way of the ignition button and the speaker fabric seems to make a dash mount difficult to attach. I'm guessing Ford just figured everyone would use their interface and leave the phone on the wireless charging pad. If anyone has tried to mount a Phone I would be interested in hearing how you did it.

iphone mach e.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 5.18.24 PM.png
I hope this same one I use on my wife’s truck will work.
Ottie
iOttie - Easy One Touch 2 Wireless Fast Charge Dash/Windshield Mount for Mobile Phones - Black
Model:HLCRIO142
SKU:6399216

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? F3BB4652-A2A5-4F46-AE51-FB077976BC79

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 6893875F-4F90-40FA-BC4E-0D5C2888D97B

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 6C8EFF08-780F-4989-B8C8-70BA72803EB9

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Got one of these "laptop" phone holders on Amazon.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_20210516_152728221_HDR

Keep it folded away and never use it though. Usually just use Android Auto and toss the phone in the tray.
Sponsored