Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard?

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
I just ordered this one it’s on pre order
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 409E5F0C-FB81-4CC8-96BA-C5DD8640946D
Sponsored

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I had a proclip mount similar to this years ago for a minivan. It was easy to install and worked ok but partially blocked the vent. I can't tell from the photo if this placement and angle is any better.
Looks to me it won't block the vent as it's angled more up:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 855689-48008723-1200_1200~2

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
EDIT: Added photos.

Lots of good suggestions here. I was also hoping to use the MagSafe mounting system so I don't have to fumble with a wire everytime I get in and out. I think I might be able to use one of the mounts suggested here and then just swap the ball head with one of the magsafe products out there. I just have to make sure the ball size is compatible.
If you use MagSafe, I would suggest Spigen OneTap Designed for MagSafe. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y2DK4XY

I put it on the left side of the steering wheel and it sticks well to the dashboard. It comes with little magnets you can attach to a wire, so you can attach it to the back of the mount when not plugged in. Then, you can use a lightning to USB-C cable.

For me, I wanted the convenience and speed of MagSafe without having to plug in the phone, so I also bought Spigen Mag Fit Phone Holder Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S5WP4TN and a MagSafe puck. I installed this head on the body of the other car mount and plugged in the MagSafe puck into the USB-C port to get the full 15W charging.

My motivation for this was to be able to use Carplay and/or Google Maps during a road trip without draining the phone battery too much or take video meetings while driving. Adding a case that has magnets, the phone holds well over bumps without falling off. Interestingly, the Spigen mount's magnets are stronger than the MagSafe magnets but both work fine.

Cases:
Spigen Mag Armor Designed for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CS3WH1X
Spigen Thin Fit Designed for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KTXMXYT
Apple Leather Case with MagSafe... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L5NN38R

Oh and I forgot: you can extend it too. I put it on the left side because I didn't want the cable and the phone covering the start button but MagSafe is unidirectional, so you could put the cable sideways, I suppose.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? ADD224C0-46F0-49C5-8A0B-65F354053D12

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 3037C4E6-A765-4BEE-BE4B-39773DE8E344

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 4C8C94D3-7FC0-4211-AD38-ABA4DC141476

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? C6A7A97D-6A22-4FC3-965F-3E3527AADAE9

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 259EAE91-114E-410A-BDAC-A3012672A3EC

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 33C541CE-89DD-4F18-B51B-50B4A988DCF5

If you don't need MagSafe, I would recommend iOttie. Their mounts are awesome and work really well. I've used them since v2, but they don't have a MagSafe mount. They're not as convenient as MagSafe but they are super quick to mount and release the phone.

iOttie Easy One Touch 5 Dashboard & Windshield Car Mount Phone Holder Desk Stand for iPhone, Samsung, Moto, Huawei, Nokia, LG, Smartphones https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0875RKTQF

Limited-time deal: iOttie Wireless Car Charger Easy One Touch Wireless 2 Qi Charging Dashboard Phone Mount for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, LG, Smartphones https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07X4YDKTF

Last edited:

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 33C541CE-89DD-4F18-B51B-50B4A988DCF5

Magnet on the airbag gives you a good view of the phone.
Oh dear God no. Apple and Google already knows all our thoughts, I don't need them physically in my head in the event of an accident.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Does not look great for viewing angle and distance.
It's a piecemeal system, I would add the swivel mount. They also have wedges and a ton of other accessories. I really like the system because you can customize it.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
It's a piecemeal system, I would add the swivel mount. They also have wedges and a ton of other accessories. I really like the system because you can customize it.
Looks like a nice enough system, just seems like the phone would be far away from my eyes. None of the phone holders would bring my phone any closer.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
OK so I realize with the huge LCD screen, Apple Car Play and the wireless charging pad the first thing everyone will ask is "why do you need a phone mount?". Granted the car has a huge screen and the interface is supposed to be great and I admit I have not gotten my order yet so i haven't tried to work with the built in interface but I have Apple CarPlay on my current car and I never use it because its too dumbed down (too many missing apps and limited accessibility to some features). Unless they have made a dramatic modification I would rather not be stuck using that.

The problem is that the dash leaves very little opportunity to put a phone mount anywhere near the driver. A vent mount would get in the way of the ignition button and the speaker fabric seems to make a dash mount difficult to attach. I'm guessing Ford just figured everyone would use their interface and leave the phone on the wireless charging pad. If anyone has tried to mount a Phone I would be interested in hearing how you did it.

I'm going to give the Jowua mount a try. it comes with a cardboard positioning tool to mount on the back of the Tesla screen. From my educated guess, I think it will work for me. I got it from Amazon here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VNMNJMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I would say the double sided tape may work, the same stuff used for dash cams. 3M VHB. Long strips of it attached to a channel bracket. May not necessarily look the best, but all black might be okay.
Wondering if this will hold 3rd party replacement seats? JK, thought I'd have a little very sleep deprived fun. That 3M tape seems like it will hold anything for as long as you need it. It was what was given out with the express pass transponders here in Colorado and it was a bear to remove even 10 years after first use.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Wondering if this will hold 3rd party replacement seats?
Seats are pretty heavy, and are generally bolted to the floor of the car. Double-sided tape would not be strong enough.

Or possibly I haven't the vaguest idea what you're talking about here...
Sponsored