Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard?

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
1623522383271.png

Magnet on the airbag gives you a good view of the phone.
If the airbag goes off, that could be a real problem flying into your face at 100 mph. I think I will pass on this idea.

A-Tach

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Entraprenuer
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to the feedback from a few of the people on this forum A-Tach Mounts has made two mounts designed specifically for the Mach E and a phone holder designed specifically for the Magsafe charger to fit into. A-Tach also offers a Qi wireless charging holder that works with most of the Qi phones on the market.

The original mount, however, is a little behind the steering wheel so we designed another mount for better viewing which has become quite popular. The new mount brings the phone away from behind the steering wheel and gives the driver the option to have the mount on the left or right side of the center display. Here is a link to the new mount:

Ford MACH E Phone Mount (atachmounts.com)

Here also is a link to the wireless charging phone holder options:

A-Tach Device Holder (atachmounts.com)

A-Tach is grateful for all the feedback this forum has given to make some great mounts and holders for the Mach E. Any and all feedback and comments are appreciated and helpful towards helping everyone on this forum find what they are looking for.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 50310-1 - Forum.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 10115-2 - Forum.JPG

Last edited:

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Does not look great for viewing angle and distance.
I dug into the mounting instructions and it appears to sit above the vent. I believe most of the proclip phone holders (the second piece) swivel. So, this mount angle may not matter too much.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
OK so I realize with the huge LCD screen, Apple Car Play and the wireless charging pad the first thing everyone will ask is "why do you need a phone mount?". Granted the car has a huge screen and the interface is supposed to be great and I admit I have not gotten my order yet so i haven't tried to work with the built in interface but I have Apple CarPlay on my current car and I never use it because its too dumbed down (too many missing apps and limited accessibility to some features). Unless they have made a dramatic modification I would rather not be stuck using that.
If you're able to use the apps that you want on Android and wouldn't miss a CarPlay connection, there is a full Android OS emulator box thing you can connect through CarPlay which works with the touchscreen/GPS and can connect to your iPhone as a hotspot. Search the forums a little bit for info on some of the people that use it for their Mach-E.

https://www.carplaymmb.com/products/mmb-android-multimedia-video-box

I've been tempted to get one but I worry about the performance not being up to snuff, other than weather radar or for watching Netflix or something while sitting in my car for a charge, I'm not sure it'd be too valuable for me so for the price point, it's not worth it to me (yet).

Also if you're using encrypted messaging and such, I'm not sure how secure some brandless foreign android emulator would be.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Cases:
Spigen Mag Armor Designed for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CS3WH1X
Picked up this holder last week. I put it basically in the same location but I'm not running power to the phone. So far its held up really well and seems to be on the dash very well. I think I have the arm extended just a tad, but I don't have it fully extended. I would assume the further you pull it out the higher of a chance it would have to break loose.

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
Possibly a mount to the back of the large lcd with a horizontal arm coming to the left. Or the space on the dash in front of the large LCD.

I've thought of this, getting a piece of metal @ Home Depot and double-side tape to the back of the screen. Using a magnet to attach to the phone. Not pretty but workable.

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Last edited:

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Pro clip makes some of the best as they are specific to a car make and model. However I doubt they will have any for the mach e
They do have specific parts for the MME.

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did consider that but If the phone is down in the cup holder its difficult to access the screen to launch an app. Granted we're not supposed to be touching and looking at the screen when we're driving but pulling it out of the holder to see if a notification is important enough to pull over for seems pretty dangerous.
This absolutely works for me. The Weathertech device provides for a secure and versitile mounting point. I must use a USB cable for Android Auto to work due to my current Android version level, so having it down below is necessary anyway in my case and my phone is always charging. I use a FitBit Versa to get my phone notifications on my wrist and that is much better than fumbling around with a tiny phone screen where ever it would be located. If I ever do need to interact directly with the phone while parked or stopped, it is at a convenient angle for touching the screen right there at less than arms length away. One possible negative is giving up one of two cup holders in that location, but that's not an untenable tradeoff for me.

Last edited:

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Pro clip makes them up with one they seem to have the most innovative way of connecting their phone holders to existing dashboards. Or you have the weather tech cupholder phone holder.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
I really dig the mount that attaches to the back of the screen and tucks away.

I have the proclip cradles in all my cars, so ordered up their mount to try. As expected, very well made, clean looking and sturdy. The only adjustment I believe i'm limited on is the tilt angle. For normal phone use its probably fine for most ppl, but might need to wedge shim it slightly from behind to get it 90* vertical or even down facing... if wanting to film forward for dragy or crazy driver, its pointing more at dash that windshield and max tilt due to mount angled to follow contour of the dash

A hybrid solution might be using the proclip cradle on one of the back of screen mounts

280CD3B1-A3B4-4D3F-9534-FD586EE6977A.jpeg

A8F4B2B1-1E62-4C85-A5E3-1874C4B21C48.jpeg

D9939ABF-72FC-4EA6-97B3-91B11DF1B0C3.jpeg

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer