Anyone gotten a ridiculous buy offer for your used MME?

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just on a whim checked for offers on my GT yesterday. Basically couldn't even get one, "not enough data." For GT owners, I think we need to wait a month or three for the market to stabilize.
Sponsored

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I just on a whim checked for offers on my GT yesterday. Basically couldn't even get one, "not enough data." For GT owners, I think we need to wait a month or three for the market to stabilize.
Ya, getting a similar message when trying to get a kkb.com value for my MME. No interest in selling, but like to keep current market value for all my vehicles.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
I would be very torn if someone offered me what I paid +- $1k.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
They donā€™t know what it is.

Even my insurance company had to override the VIN to update my coverage.

Whatā€™s interesting is that my paperwork from the sale showed it as a ā€œMach E Premium.ā€
I agree that the value is more like that of a non GT but they absolutely identified it correctly from the VIN:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone gotten a ridiculous buy offer for your used MME? 1635256890306

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone gotten a ridiculous buy offer for your used MME? 1635256924417

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would be very torn if someone offered me what I paid +- $1k.
It is a crazy market, but consider that typically a new car loses about %20 of its value in the first year, then about 10% each year thereafter, just holding it's value is a positive. This all depends on if you bought at a premium or discount of course. The 2022's are just around the corner. I'm hoping the value of the MME is at or greater than my final balloon payment years from now. Using the averages and doing the math, it appears that it wouldbe the case; %50 in 4 years.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got a Vroom offer of 53,700 for my Premium AWD which is about $500 more than i paid including tax, title and reg. Hope it keeps holding its value as I bought this as an interim vehicle as I wait for my 2 Door Bronco to be built. Still no build date so will be keeping the Mach-e around for a few more months it seems.
Hope it works out for you. But doesn't the Bronco have a CCE (Climate Change Engine)?

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
(and probably not Ford Options either, just an FYI)
In case anyone is wondering, I called and spoke with Ford Credit the other day and they said I could pay off my Ford Options loan at any point with no prepayment penalty or any fees. Just FYI.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In case anyone is wondering, I called and spoke with Ford Credit the other day and they said I could pay off my Ford Options loan at any point with no prepayment penalty or any fees. Just FYI.
Was hoping this was the case, and thanks for the confirmation. I was originally planning a 36 month lease for this new purchase. The 48mo Ford Option allowed fed tax credit and flexibility... not to mention avoiding all types of aquisition fees from many others. Planning on checking market just before the 36 month mark of ownership then selling if numbers work. The EV landscape may look different then. Either way, nice to be able to walk away from it and into something else... or a future MME.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Carmax ended up offering $53,000 for my FE with 10,500 miles.

I told myself a few weeks ago if I could get $53k or higher, I'd trade it in. So now I have a MME GT in the garage. I actually think another dealer was ready to offer more. But I didn't want to wait for their check to clear to pick up my GT so I just traded it.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
That's great to know. However what I was trying to advertise was Carmax, Carvana and Vroom may treat the Ford Options finance program as a lease, and they won't touch a Ford Lease. Until someone asks each organization, or tries to sell a vehicle financed with Ford Options, we won't know...

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
That's great to know. However what I was trying to advertise was Carmax, Carvana and Vroom may treat the Ford Options finance program as a lease, and they won't touch a Ford Lease. Until someone asks each organization, or tries to sell a vehicle financed with Ford Options, we won't know...
Good point, and I havenā€™t tried to follow through so I donā€™t know what the ultimate end result would be. I did speak with a BMW dealer and see if they would match Carvana. They took all my account info and loan type with Ford, and initially said they wouldnā€™t match it, but then decided they really wanted my car. I ended up passing, but at least that dealer didnā€™t see a problem with it being Ford Options. I really think FO is treated like any normal finance scheme from the bankā€™s perspective.
If that is the case, depending on how the market looks at that point, selling or trading might be better than turning in to avoid their $475 or whatever dispo fee.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Good point, and I havenā€™t tried to follow through so I donā€™t know what the ultimate end result would be. I did speak with a BMW dealer and see if they would match Carvana. They took all my account info and loan type with Ford, and initially said they wouldnā€™t match it, but then decided they really wanted my car. I ended up passing, but at least that dealer didnā€™t see a problem with it being Ford Options. I really think FO is treated like any normal finance scheme from the bankā€™s perspective.
If that is the case, depending on how the market looks at that point, selling or trading might be better than turning in to avoid their $475 or whatever dispo fee.
Then maybe it's not going to be an issue... Again, until someone decides to try it, we'll never know.

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I'm currently waiting for givemethevin to send me my official offer. If it's in the ballpark of their $54k top end of their estimate, I will probably be the test case with FO. That will likely be impossible for me to ignore.

Clicker

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just for giggles I checked on my Premium, rapid red, standard range, rwd which listed for $48,600. Only has 1,265 miles. Dealer took x plan and I got Options rebate $1100, so good deal all around. Vroom offer a few minutes ago is $50,279. Not trading or selling just being curious.

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Just for giggles I checked on my Premium, rapid red, standard range, rwd which listed for $48,600. Only has 1,265 miles. Dealer took x plan and I got Options rebate $1100, so good deal all around. Vroom offer a few minutes ago is $50,279. Not trading or selling just being curious.
Our cars are twins! You got a slightly better offer from Vroom than me though.
Sponsored