Anyone gotten a ridiculous buy offer for your used MME?

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Just got my official offer from GMTV: $54k flat. That's $4k more than Carvana and even more than Vroom's most recent offer. Guess at that price point, I'm about to maybe be the first test case to see if they can successfully buy a car financed on Ford Options. I'll miss it for sure, but I can always get another one next year and get another tax credit. After all, I didn't purchase it with the intent to sell it. :cool:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I filled out GMTV and Carvana and neither got back to me...
Give them time. It took Carvana, Vroom, and GMTV several days to generate a quote. Our cars are just too new.

I've now initiated the purchase process with GMTV and I'll update this thread as I go.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I tried Vroom for my 500-mile MME GT. Took them 24+ hours but they came back with $53k. Clearly due to the time required to get a quote (its normally instant) they don't have many comparisons for GTs. If I sold it for $53k I would lose about $2500, plus the sales tax. Not gonna happen, I was mostly curious.

With that said, if I was to get an offer for close to $60k next Spring, she might be gone.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Spoke with a long-time friend who works at Carmax and we were chatting about people flipping their Mach-E to make a few $$$.

For those who have early delivers with a single keyfob, ensure you advertise 2 or 2+ key fobs, because the Mach-E features PaaK. This is what I was told.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Give them time. It took Carvana, Vroom, and GMTV several days to generate a quote. Our cars are just too new.

I've now initiated the purchase process with GMTV and I'll update this thread as I go.
If all these people are all of a sudden looking for quotes on the same car for fun, it could also be lowering the offers.

Are people here actually seriously wanting to sell their cars? If not, I would recommend against submitting for an offer.

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
If all these people are all of a sudden looking for quotes on the same car for fun, it could also be lowering the offers.

Are people here actually seriously wanting to sell their cars? If not, I would recommend against submitting for an offer.
I originally submitted it out of curiosity after a friend got a crazy offer on his Tesla. I had no intention to actually sell it...until I got an offer for $54k on a car that cost me $47k and for which I received a $7500 tax credit. At that offer, I couldn't ignore it. I am in a fortunate situation to have back up vehicles until I replace it with [fill in the blank] after January 1.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

I was, and did sell mine, since my GT arrived.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I tried Vroom for my 500-mile MME GT. Took them 24+ hours but they came back with $53k. Clearly due to the time required to get a quote (its normally instant) they don't have many comparisons for GTs. If I sold it for $53k I would lose about $2500, plus the sales tax. Not gonna happen, I was mostly curious.

With that said, if I was to get an offer for close to $60k next Spring, she might be gone.
curious why you don't like the GT?

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Carmax offer $53k for my MSRP CA route-1 with 7,500 miles. (Vroom quote $41k and dealer trade in only worth $35k.)

After factor in all the tax incentives, I pocket a few $k with Carmax deal.

Now I am riding my in my GT @ MSRP from the same dealer.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
curious why you don't like the GT?
I like the GT, for the most part. But if I could sell it for no loss, I might try something else. The Lexus IS500 interests me, for example. Or a BMW M340i. Lots of options. I have a fear (perhaps unfounded) that the GT resale value won't hold up well once the current supply-chain issues work themselves out. I hope I am wrong.

On the other hand, I tend to keep cars for a long time, so 10 years from now I could be researching new batteries for my 2021 MME GT...

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Just sold my Premium AWD SR with 6600 miles for $54k to Carmax! Vroom offered $52,300. I really don't think buying the extended battery adds any real value to the vehicles, but that's just me. MSRP was $50,800. It was a tough decision, but I just couldn't pass it up. On to the next EV purchase in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBQ

Ravi

First Name
Ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
All,
Place two orders, 1 for Premium and one for California Route 1. Both Space white. Got a build date and VIN no.s Delivery dates of Dec 20th 2021. If any one is interested, I can sell mine to anyone interested. I picked up a GT, it was ordered by someone else, and did not buy. So, now I have the GT. Posted the same note in another forum also

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
I have a 10/18 production car coming that I'm toying on taking delivery on and then flipping on the resale market. Already have an IB I purchased in May. I could sure use the tax credit this year and my state allows the sales tax to be refunded! Its not a lot of bucks but better than the dealer slapping a 10k ADM on it which would surely happen.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just sold my Premium AWD SR with 6600 miles for $54k to Carmax! Vroom offered $52,300. I really don't think buying the extended battery adds any real value to the vehicles, but that's just me. MSRP was $50,800. It was a tough decision, but I just couldn't pass it up. On to the next EV purchase in the future.
Extended warranty does not add trade value. It can add private party resell value though. Ford's extended warranty is tied to the owner. But, you can transfer it directly to another owner. Not to a dealer. Plus there is an administrative cost to transfer it of like $75 the last time I looked.

If you bought an extended warranty though, when you sell the car, you get a pro-rated amount back when you cancel depending on how many miles/months you've had it.
Sponsored