Anyone gotten a ridiculous buy offer for your used MME?

itsthenewdc

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
Yeah, that’s my mindset as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skepteach

Skepteach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I figure with the continuing chip shortage and the increasing cost of gas, our EVs are going to keep becoming more and more precious in the market. For kicks, I put in a sell request through both Carvana and Vroom just to see where the current value is, and haven’t heard back yet. Likely for the same reason an earlier poster said. Not enough comps, etc. Last time I searched Vroom, I saw two cars nearly exactly like mine with more mileage, not ER, selling for $55k. How high can this bubble go before it bursts?

Gotta admit, it felt pretty good driving by numerous gas stations on the way home not needing to pull in and pay for it.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I figure with the continuing chip shortage and the increasing cost of gas, our EVs are going to keep becoming more and more precious in the market. For kicks, I put in a sell request through both Carvana and Vroom just to see where the current value is, and haven’t heard back yet. Likely for the same reason an earlier poster said. Not enough comps, etc. Last time I searched Vroom, I saw two cars nearly exactly like mine with more mileage, not ER, selling for $55k. How high can this bubble go before it bursts?

Gotta admit, it felt pretty good driving by numerous gas stations on the way home not needing to pull in and pay for it.
I have Premium AWD ER 2k miles and I’d Vroom just to see. Took about a week to hear back, $51k

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I’ll be interested to see what the trade in is for my SS when my GTPE shows up in a few weeks.

I paid $36k new for it. It’s a 2015. Even kbb.com has my trade in avg for “very good” at over $44k.

How many cars can you have for 6 years then make an $8k profit?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I literally just got my offer back from carvana a few minutes ago. $51,000.

I paid $53,500 MSRP. I will be taking up their deal. I don't commute for work so I will be buying a crappy $1000 beater just to go to the gym and back everyday.

I already have a deposit down for a BMW i4 but that doesn't come out till next summer.
do you have CarMax near you? have you tried them?

when I sold my Fusion Energi, CarMax beat both Vroom and Carvana by over 10%. Easiest choice I've ever made, I think.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I got my MME because I was offered $5k more than my Charger Scat Packs MSRP. So essentially I made almost $10k more than I paid because of an additional $4850 rebate ($10 per horsepower off) I got when I bought it. And this is all after I had it for a year and 10k miles.

I imagine you could get MSRP for a lightly used MME but some people might get turned off by the lack of a tax credit.
Ford should offer the same $10/HP off on the MME to help push sales.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Timing is crucial on used car pricing, and the Mach-E isn't in high enough demand "used" to command a premium.

I'm selling my 2018 Fusion Energi to Carvana after trying in vane to sell it privately. Little demand due to specialized trim (PHEV) I think. Anyway, the point - they offered me $22,600 back in June, but I couldn't sell since it was a lease and I had to get it paid off and title back from Ford and then to the state. Got that done, new price was $22,300... Just locked in $25,200, i.e. $2,900 higher. They're coming Tuesday to get it.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
do you have CarMax near you? have you tried them?

when I sold my Fusion Energi, CarMax beat both Vroom and Carvana by over 10%. Easiest choice I've ever made, I think.
I do have a CarMax, they offered me laughably low. They didn’t even take into account my extended range battery. They said with or without it, same offer.

A76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD Extended Range MME Premium
Country flag
I'm only trading mine for the GT I originally ordered if the trade value is worth it. Otherwise I'm keeping my FE.
This is the same boat I am in. I love my Infinite Blue Premium AWD ER but if they want to make me an offer I can't refuse I may end up in my previously ordered GT AWD ER. Just wish they had the IBM and not the Orange.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Timing is crucial on used car pricing, and the Mach-E isn't in high enough demand "used" to command a premium.

I'm selling my 2018 Fusion Energi to Carvana after trying in vane to sell it privately. Little demand due to specialized trim (PHEV) I think. Anyway, the point - they offered me $22,600 back in June, but I couldn't sell since it was a lease and I had to get it paid off and title back from Ford and then to the state. Got that done, new price was $22,300... Just locked in $25,200, i.e. $2,900 higher. They're coming Tuesday to get it.
And they say procrastination never pays

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The private party prices for my ‘14 Fusion Energi keep edging up slowly on KBB. My MME’s ETA is still a month and a half or more out, so I’m not ready to table an offer yet. I’m just monitoring the value trend for the mean time. When I go to get an offer I will try most of the previously mentioned sites.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Insurance appraised my crashed Nissan Leaf 2013 higher then I bought it for in 2017

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In selling my ID.4 for the forthcoming Mach-E, I'm seeing $3-4K below MSRP offers from various sources. i.e I brought my ID.4 to Carmax and they had an appraiser evaluate it. KBB also gave me that. Most places will flag 2021 as too new to evaluate and have you bring it in or take detailed photos.

I also spoke to other ID.4 owners who sold their car (funny enough... for Mach-Es) and they got $4K under MSRP. With the $7500 tax credit... you probably break even or come out ahead if you trade in. The ID.4 is also in high demand (2 month waits, some config 4 months) but nothing like the Mach-E.

Reactions: ARK

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
About to trade my GB FE w 10,500 miles in for $51k towards a GT. Got several quotes including carvana and all were $50-51k.
Sponsored