Anyone gotten a ridiculous buy offer for your used MME?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Remember to add in all of the taxes, insurance, and registration you paid to really see what you're making off of the deal, plus whatever taxes you will pay to get into a new vehicle.

Vroom offered $48k back in August for my Premium SR AWD with 4000 miles. Even with the $14k in rebates and paying MSRP, I wouldn't come out that much ahead (registration is $500 per year here).
Not insurance, or registration. Taxes, title, sure.

If I have vehicle A and I then sell vehicle A and buy vehicle B, I still have insurance and registration.

I just did such an analysis on my 2018 Fusion Energi. In short, after 3 years, it cost me sales tax.

Oh, and "back in August" is not October. I just got $3,000 more from Carvana than my July and August and September numbers.
Sponsored

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Not insurance, or registration. Taxes, title, sure.

If I have vehicle A and I then sell vehicle A and buy vehicle B, I still have insurance and registration.

I just did such an analysis on my 2018 Fusion Energi. In short, after 3 years, it cost me sales tax.

Oh, and "back in August" is not October. I just got $3,000 more from Carvana than my July and August and September numbers.
Not sure why people have to argue about everything on here. The cost of having a vehicle vs not having one and any different in your insurance from buying new vs a beater all plays into it. When someone says "I made all of my money back because I sold it for what I bought it for, isn't an accurate statement. We are just saying that you should look into everything before making a decision.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I sold my 2018 Honda Civic, with only 13k miles, for $24k back in July right before I got my MME. I paid $21k out the door for it ? I used Vroom and Carvana to get quotes, then emailed a bunch of dealerships since nearly all of them were offering incentives. Ended up selling my car back to the same dealership I bought it from since they offered to beat Vroom's price by $100 ?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I got $53200 for my FE I paid $60700 for…10500 miles. I broke even after tax credit. Just had to pay insurance for the 7 months I had it. Good deal if you ask me!

I also sold my 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS for $2k more than I paid for it 18 months ago. 6000 miles later. Ordered a new 911 though…

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Also, useless stuff like this makes information so much harder to find on here... And yes, this post adds to that but everyone needs to limit their "expertise" to useful information or at least something that's related to the original post. Say what you need to get yourself through the day, but take this stuff elsewhere.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Also, useless stuff like this makes information so much harder to find on here... And yes, this post adds to that but everyone needs to limit their "expertise" to useful information or at least something that's related to the original post. Say what you need to get yourself through the day, but take this stuff elsewhere.
ok-sad.gif
DecentTinyAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
I use car Max for price they seem to give the most but it just depends on the car and location. I'm trading my 2018 Ford edge sport in with 57500 miles carvana wants to give 18,300, vroom 23,000 and CarMax 28,500. The dealer said that would do 28500 as well which is better to get the tax benefit as well.

Last edited:

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I got my MME because I was offered $5k more than my Charger Scat Packs MSRP. So essentially I made almost $10k more than I paid because of an additional $4850 rebate ($10 per horsepower off) I got when I bought it. And this is all after I had it for a year and 10k miles.

I imagine you could get MSRP for a lightly used MME but some people might get turned off by the lack of a tax credit.
We bought our MME in part because my wife's 2018 Explorer *appreciated* over $6k in the last year. That coupled with the $7.5k tax credit made the decision easy.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
looks like dealer sold my GB FE on the first day they had it. Was listed for $58.9k and it’s gone now. If not for the tax savings, would feel like my $51k trade sucked. Tells everyone what the market may be, although it is very hard to private sale a car with a $50k+ sales price because of trade/financing.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
I literally just got my offer back from carvana a few minutes ago. $51,000.

I paid $53,500 MSRP. I will be taking up their deal. I don't commute for work so I will be buying a crappy $1000 beater just to go to the gym and back everyday.

I already have a deposit down for a BMW i4 but that doesn't come out till next summer.
Except...the guy that owns the $1000 beat just got an offer from Carvana for $3000 :)

Ravi

First Name
Ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have a brand new MME GT edition. 300 miles. If anyone interested, please let me know

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Except...the guy that owns the $1000 beat just got an offer from Carvana for $3000 :)
Well, actually my friend from high school is willing to sell me his for cheap. Also my uncle owns a dealership and is selling to sell me another one for cheaper than it’s worth
Sponsored