Anyone had 10,000 mile service performed?

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
Has anyone reached 10,000 miles and had the service performed? Was wondering what all was done and the cost.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My 10,000 mile comes up at end of June and I will do it myself.
I will be curious to compare wear between front and rear tires. My previous BEV was FWD so it was noticeable. My FE car might wear more evenly since the rear tires drive and regen too.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I will be curious to compare wear between front and rear tires. My previous BEV was FWD so it was noticeable. My FE car might wear more evenly since the rear tires drive and regen too.
I haven't seen any power distribution figures published, but since the AWD Mach-E is rear biased (rear motor is larger), you are actually likely to see a bit more wear in the rear.

Even with the GTs which have the same size motor in front and rear, I bet under most circumstances, the rear motor will be providing more power since a rear wheel drive bias is seen as 'better' for performance vehicles and I'm sure that's how Ford is going to be tuning it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I haven't seen any power distribution figures published, but since the AWD Mach-E is rear biased (rear motor is larger), you are actually likely to see a bit more wear in the rear.

Even with the GTs which have the same size motor in front and rear, I bet under most circumstances, the rear motor will be providing more power since a rear wheel drive bias is seen as 'better' for performance vehicles and I'm sure that's how Ford is going to be tuning it.
I think the front tires will wear faster than the rear because they steer and absorb more corner loading.

In a FWD EV, the issue is compounded because the front wheels also transmit positive and negative torque. The Mach-E uses the rear wheels for positive and negative torque so a RWD MME might be perfectly wear balanced. An AWD version would likely still wear quicker up front.

But.....don't know until I measure it next month. :) curious what I will find...

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As I understand, the 10,000 mile schedule call for tire inspection and rotation, and all the fluids checked...cooling for battery, cooling for electronics, power steering, power brakes, etc. Notice the only fluid they make readily available to monitor yourself is the windshield washer fluid. They do not want you to get under the protective overlays surrounding the 'frunk'. I've heard (but not read) this might void the warranty.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I was going to answer "nobody is at 10,000 yet but I bet @SnBGC will be soon enough and I bet @jhalkias won't be that, that far behind" but then you went and posted this ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They do not want you to get under the protective overlays surrounding the 'frunk'. I've heard (but not read) this might void the warranty.
No. That would mean your warranty would be void the first time you need to jump start the 12v battery.

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not exactly. To jump start the battery you access leads through a small door or panel in the front passenger side bumper. Pretty cool set up to minimize the need for access to the actual battery.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I was going to answer "nobody is at 10,000 yet but I bet @SnBGC will be soon enough and I bet @jhalkias won't be that, that far behind" but then you went and posted this ?
Almost at 8K now. Will probably be there sometime in June with another possible road trip coming up.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Not exactly. To jump start the battery you access leads through a small door or panel in the front passenger side bumper. Pretty cool set up to minimize the need for access to the actual battery.
Unfortunately not. All those terminals do is jump the relay to open the frunk, which then lets you take the plastic off to get to the 12v. It's well documented on here.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
They do not want you to get under the protective overlays surrounding the 'frunk'. I've heard (but not read) this might void the warranty.
Note that in the US the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act forbids manufacturers of cars and most other consumer products from "voiding" your warranty. It is illegal (though it is amazing how often you still hear dealers threaten it).

What they CAN do is deny a specific warranty claim if a modification you performed (or your misuse according to the manual) was the cause of the specific problem. So if you opened up the frunk panels, dropped your screwdriver and jabbed a hole in a coolant line, then you drove it for 100 miles and fried the motor, then they could deny that claim. However, the burden of proof is on the manufacturer to show that you were the cause of the problem, and they can only deny individual claims, not void the whole warranty.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Almost at 8K now. Will probably be there sometime in June with another possible road trip coming up.
You are running ahead of me. I am only 7746.4 miles as of this afternoon.
*keeping the stampede going....

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
You are running ahead of me. I am only 7746.4 miles as of this afternoon.
*keeping the stampede going....
We are pretty close. I think I am at 7,800. I was rounding.
Sponsored