Anyone had 10,000 mile service performed?

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Sitting at the dealer (not where I bought it) for my 10k service. They first asked me if I needed an oil change. We cleared that up and they said it would cost $80. Yow. I said “for a tire rotation??” They called the service manager over. I said all it needs is a tire rotation and inspection, and their website says they do inspection for free. He said it’s a lot more than a tire rotation, they had to hook it up to the computer, check the motors and the “hybrid system”, and rattled off a bunch of other stuff. I pulled up the Ford service schedule and pointed out that everything beyond tire rotation is inspection. He said, “thats not what Ford tells us to do for the ‘warranty service’. Not sure why they tell customers something different.” He said if I don’t do that they’ll have to indicate on my record that I turned it down.

I opted for the tire rotation and inspection, per Ford; still overpriced at $40.

Now I’m looking across the waiting area at the elderly lady and wondering how she’s being taken.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I was a bit worried about what my dealer would charge me based on some of the experiences here, but was glad when the total was $18 and change (exactly $20.00 with tax). I used some of my Ford points, which at this rate will be lasting me much longer than expected!

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
My inspection was essentially just a tire rotation. Paid with points.

GERChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
If you have AWD then you probably don't even need to rotate them at all. I have measured my tires every 5k miles since new and they wear evenly at each corner. I did rotate around 19k miles if I remember correctly. Just to check out other things while I was down there. Haven't rotated since and now at 45k miles. Still have 5/32" at all four corners. I guess it depends on driving style. I seem to punish the rears just enough to balance the extra wear the fronts get by scrubbing through turns.
Thats an interresting point!
I have mine getting picked up on Thursday for Updates some recall replacement part and the 10k Service!

Lets see.. so far there was no word about charges for anything.

JimboSlice

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Sonic, Mach-E and Safari
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Country flag
I just hit my 1 year anniversay and have 19,000 miles on mine. I did do the 10,000 mile service, $76 to rotate my tires and look it over. I now have to make an appointment for my 20,000 mile service. I am hesitant on doing it because I need tires already (tread depth) and a cabin filter (which I will do). HELP!
Sponsored