Status
Not open for further replies.

AceSpades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
Curious if anyone actually have a deposit down for a Mach E yet? I know it hasn't even been revealed yet but that usually doesn't stop people from putting down refundable deposits (nor dealers from accepting them) just to be first in line at their dealer.
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Didn't know that was a thing.

I'm a member of the Mustang Club of America and can purchase/lease one car a year at Ford's X-Price (employee discount) as a benefit of the club. It will be interesting to see if that benefit will apply to Ford's EV vehicles.

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 Accord; ‘94 GT Mustang
Country flag
Didn't know that was a thing.

I'm a member of the Mustang Club of America and can purchase/lease one car a year at Ford's X-Price (employee discount) as a benefit of the club. It will be interesting to see if that benefit will apply to Ford's EV vehicles.
From a 2013 F150 thread:

X Plan is most beneficial when buying a vehicle that is in heavy demand and limited supply. In such cases, without X Plan, the dealer will be asking much closer to MSRP than to invoice. Then, it saves the buyer money, if the dealer will sell at X Plan.

I bought a 2005 Mustang GT, that way, when they first came out and many dealers were asking MSRP +.”

Link the F150 Forum

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I expect the Mach E will be in heavy demand and limited supply going by how other EVs hit the market in low volumes (I'm ignoring Tesla in this as they are still a start up in my mind). Kia/Hyundai have two good EVs now but can hardly meet demand and the Soul has been delayed another year. Maybe it's battery supply issues? I'd be surprised if Ford or VW can meet their production goals until, at least, 3 to 5 years out.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
I think unless something changes my mind I'd wait until the second year of production to make sure the bugs have been worked out and supply starts catching up with demand.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I expect the Mach E will be in heavy demand and limited supply going by how other EVs hit the market in low volumes (I'm ignoring Tesla in this as they are still a start up in my mind). Kia/Hyundai have two good EVs now but can hardly meet demand and the Soul has been delayed another year. Maybe it's battery supply issues? I'd be surprised if Ford or VW can meet their production goals until, at least, 3 to 5 years out.
What's the reason for the supply issue? Is it just not enough battery supply?

I think unless something changes my mind I'd wait until the second year of production to make sure the bugs have been worked out and supply starts catching up with demand.
Never a bad idea considering this is Ford's first EV. But still I may jump in on the first model year if the reviews and pricing are good!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.