Anyone have a recommendation for a good iPhone case that wont interfere with wireless charging in the car

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
I have an iPhone 12 pro with a pretty thin case on it. Just a thin layer of clear plastic on the back (see link below) but when I try to charge it on the wireless charging pad in the car it keeps losing connection. It will charge for 30 seconds or so and then the connection is lost. If I move it around it will connect agin but then loses it again after 30 seconds. If I remove the case everything works fine so it's obviously the case although it charges wireless in the house with the same case and no problems there. Is anyone using a case that they have had good luck with? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M3PGGQ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I like those minimalist thin plastic cases too. I have an iPhone SE 2nd Generation. I don’t use wireless charging too often but haven’t had an issue in the Mach-E when using this case from Spigen on my SE (link to the iPhone 12 Pro version).

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have an iPhone 12 pro with a pretty thin case on it. Just a thin layer of clear plastic on the back (see link below) but when I try to charge it on the wireless charging pad in the car it keeps losing connection. It will charge for 30 seconds or so and then the connection is lost. If I move it around it will connect agin but then loses it again after 30 seconds. If I remove the case everything works fine so it's obviously the case although it charges wireless in the house with the same case and no problems there. Is anyone using a case that they have had good luck with? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M3PGGQ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have the Apple silicone case on my iPhone 12 Pro and the charging works fine. I prefer the silicone over the plastic cases because the silicone is less slippery.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have the otterbox symmetry+ on my iPhone 12 Pro and have no issues.

AFKMind

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER, Ford F-150, 2014 V-Strom 1000
Country flag
I'm using a lifeproof slam on iPhone 11, no problems other than it getting a bit warm at times.
Have also dropped this phone more times than all my previous phones of 20 years combined for some reason (not the case's fault, just stupid moves), still tickin'.

kw2020

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 2021 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
I can vouch for the Spigen case (Amazon link below). I have never had a problem with the wireless charging although I do have to make sure that it is flush to the mat. The iPhone 12 Pro Max just fits in the wireless charging area so sometimes I have to reposition it to get it to seat flush.

Spigen Rugged Armor Designed for iPhone 12 Pro Max Case (2020) - Matte Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BH9HS9P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CWD13EJB2QZCTD79MPNC

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I have an Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max with the apple clear case which fits nicely on the pad and works with the Qi charger.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My iPhone X charged just fine when I took a test drive. It's in an OtterBox Defender case (which tends to be the worst all-plastic case for wireless charging).

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
An interesting update. I tried an iPhone XR today on the wireless charging pad and it worked perfectly. No interruptions at all yet every time I try the iPhone12 pro it stops charging after about 30 second whether I have a case on it or not. If I move the phone around it will start charging again but only for another 30 seconds. This happens even if the car is not moving so it does not seem to be a problem with the phone shifting on the pad. Im thinking this must be a compatibility issue with the charging software. I have the latest iOS on the iPhone 12 pro

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME built May21 Space W, MME built Dec21 Star W
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have an issue with my iphone12 and wireless charging. I’ve try several things suggested here. The latest is no cover and phone is 86%. in an hour of driving phone is now at 84/5% and phone is very warm. Phone connected and working. I connect see if it was charging but I know the battery thingy on phone was green to start. Any new news from forum members. Thank
Sponsored