Anyone having trouble finding dealer service who bought elsewhere?

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is my first Ford, so no experience with local or regional Ford dealers. I found my FE GB downstate (a declined FE order), where the dealer was great, but too far away for service.

I have been looking into service, to have a plan incase something terrible goes wrong. I went by my local dealer to pick up ordered weather mats, and later got a call from sales getting the 3rd degree about why I bought MME somewhere else when I had a reservation with them (I actually canceled weeks ago, because they said beyond that point, the $500 was not refundable, and I was not certain yet about a MME purchase).

I emailed a sales guy at a regional Ford dealership where I did a brief test drive (he had owned Ford hybrids himself) to ask about best EV experienced shops in our area. I though we had a nice conversation, but this was his answer, "I would consult with the sales person who sold it to you".

I have not experienced such sales person bitterness with other brands, usually they try to remain cordial at least for some possible future sale, if not for their local service department.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I have not experienced such sales person bitterness with other brands, usually they try to remain cordial at least for some possible future sale, if not for their local service department.
I wouldn't worry about it, because:
  • You don't need to talk to sales guy when getting service
  • Warranty service is a nice revenue stream for the service department, and they don't need to ask sales' permission to make money
  • After the sales guy has conned all his buddies and elderly relatives into buying a car, his commissions will dry up and he'll be moving on

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've never had any issues with the Ford dealer I have always used for service. I have only actually bought one car from them and the rest I bought elsewhere. Any dealer should be happy to get you in for service work regardless of where you bought it.

You may get a salesman that is upset because he is losing a guaranteed sale, but that should have nothing to do with your service experience.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Ouch!!!

I have bought from competing dealers (best deal available) and always serviced where I choose. Never had an ounce of feedback. But to someone else's point, when I need service I have never contacted the person I got the vehicle through or anyone on the sales side. I always go straight through the service dept. They don't care where they vehicle came from lol

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
It is tougher than just asking around in this case since you want EV competency, which no Ford dealer is going to have much of at this point. That may get better if people post positive/negative info here over the coming months regarding dealers local to you. I guess my feeling would be that if a dealer is considered by people you trust as having good service and are EV Certified, they will hopefully be good for EV service.

As far as the sales guy, you will likely never see him if you go there for service, so do what's right for you. He'll certainly do what's right for him. What's he going to do, anyway - tell them to upcharge you?

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thank you, hopefully Luiebluey continues trouble free. If not, I will see how it goes, probably the local service departments, as you have noted, are better and more cordial than the sales groups.
Sponsored