Anyone in Canada received the update for BlueCruise?

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Has anyone in Canada received the update for Blue Cruise?

I got my update confirming all blue cruise functionality is there.

I have hands free until 2023 April, but blue cruise doesn't seem to activate

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone in Canada received the update for BlueCruise? IMG_20221129_142628
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
Has anyone in Canada received the update for Blue Cruise?

I got my update confirming all virus cuise functionality is there.

I have hands free until 2023 April, but blue cruise doesn't seem to activate

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone in Canada received the update for BlueCruise? IMG_20221129_142628
I've had BlueCruise since getting my car in June, and it works fine here in Calgary (on the designated roads, of course). What happens when you try to activate it?

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't see the option.
What happens when you turn on cruise control?

Here's a video that breaks down how to turn it on when driving and how it works:

On designated roads, it's basically automatic if it's properly enabled. Having said that, there may also be settings turned off in the touchscreen menu options that are disabling it (the driver assistance features must be turned on - e.g. if adaptive cruise control or lane centreing is turned off, it won't work).

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get the standard adaptive CC. I have the option for voice prompts on, and lane centering set to high.

JuliaSWMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE Nite Pony
Country flag
I got the update on Nov 23rd. I was too lazy to go to a dealer for the update earlier, but I kind of wish I had now that I’ve used it. I tried it for the first time going from around London to Waterloo on the 401 this weekend and it was amazing. I was extremely nervous to try it, but I got comfortable very quickly. It’s very cool!

Rogercin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I also had the blue cruise hands free available since getting the car in October - I’ve used the blue cruise a few times, very impressive.

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the update on Nov 23rd. I was too lazy to go to a dealer for the update earlier, but I kind of wish I had now that I’ve used it. I tried it for the first time going from around London to Waterloo on the 401 this weekend and it was amazing. I was extremely nervous to try it, but I got comfortable very quickly. It’s very cool!
Do you remember if the update mentioned anything specific? I think I got the update already.

JuliaSWMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE Nite Pony
Country flag
Do you remember if the update mentioned anything specific? I think I got the update already.
yes the update notice in the app specifically said that bluecruise was now available to use, and it told you to make sure you have adaptive cruise and lane positioning on. Since this update, I’ve had about five other OTAs come in, just in case you havent had an OTA update lately.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Got it too on November 18.

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes the update notice in the app specifically said that bluecruise was now available to use, and it told you to make sure you have adaptive cruise and lane positioning on. Since this update, I’ve had about five other OTAs come in, just in case you havent had an OTA update lately.
Ok my update was a bit different. It said it was the final update necessary for Blue cruise functionality.

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone in Canada received the update for BlueCruise? 16706911850433557799408223676455

Ok. If I read this right, I should have blue cruise activate?

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone in Canada received the update for BlueCruise? 16706911850433557799408223676455

Ok. If I read this right, I should have blue cruise activate?
Looks like it from what I recall (specifically the "Lane Centering with Hands-Free" piece). You also have to be on a BlueCruise-supported road, of course. I see you're in Montreal; there are apparently some roads there that support it. Check the map here: https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/