Anyone in South Carolina?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
We have put almost 4,800 miles on the MME since delivery on June 8. Multiple trips to Columbia, Brevard, Myrtle Beach along with around Charlotte stuff. The only non home charging has been at Myrtle Beach and once for a short convenience at a parking garage in Columbia. Only once has the SOC gone below 20%. DCFC is pretty poor in a lot of areas that I would go but I have mapped out for longer trips where they might be. Hendersonville @ a Chevy dealer, EA station outside Augusta, a couple in Greenville etc. I am going to take it to Durham in about a month and will stop around Raleigh to top off and probably there on the way back.
Oh so our deliveries were during the same week in June. And so far I don’t even have 200 miles on it. It’s not range anxiety but just not been driving much. i just got PPF done so now will feel better taking it out.

Have any of you in this area tried getting a 2nd fob programmed? Only 1 of the 3 dealers I called said they know how to do it even though it’s supposedly is the same as other fob’s. My PAAK works perfectly so don’t really need it but still wondering.
Sponsored

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I was at that rally two years ago. Last year's festivities were cancelled due to the pandemic.
As far as I remembered they made fun out an
ETRON AUDI dressed up as a MME.
Well, if you show up, visit Murrell's Inlet where the festivities are a bit raw. You meet a lot of people.
From the stupid idiots not willing to listen to anything to the knowledgeable who will listen and appreciate others opinions.
Anyways, I hope your addiction to noise and smelling and breathing exhaust fumes is still in your system, you will do just fine.
By the way.....EVERYONE will notice a MUSTANG MACH E.!!!!!!!!
Good luck.

I'll carry a Mach-e banner with me. Should I load the frunk up with ice -- full of V-8 drinks -- with a sign that says, Wow, I coulda had a V-8? Just kidding.

Anyway, my argument to naysayers will simply be: Ford is not trying to compete against the ICE Mustang. Ford is competing against Tesla, the MY in particular. Ford doing so with its best brand, the Mustang. Go get em Ford.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I'll carry a Mach-e banner with me. Should I load the frunk up with ice -- full of V-8 drinks -- with a sign that says, Wow, I coulda had a V-8? Just kidding.

Anyway, my argument to naysayers will simply be: Ford is not trying to compete against the ICE Mustang. Ford is competing against Tesla, the MY in particular. Ford doing so with its best brand, the Mustang. Go get em Ford.
I own a 2017 GT Mustang Convertible.
We had no problem. I will have no problem taking my Mach E to the event.
The fans who would like to know will be asking questions. I can talk about the Mach E for hours to everyone who inquires.
Just remember.....some are hotheads. They cannot see or hear anything in front of them other than gasoline, motor oil, burnt rubber, exhaust fumes and burbling Mustang exhaust noise.
Most of the crowd will be just fine.
I will join you if I could.
But...you never know...my kid is at CCU and I could come up with an excuse to visit her.
A very good possibility.!!!!

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I 95 has chargers every 80-90 miles available by EA. When you get into N Myrtle, look for the Tanger Outlet stores. Charge Point provides the charging for free. They maybe other stations also in the area. Utilize your charging apps. Your on board charger can help also if your condo has available outlets. Tesla has couple superchargers in the area but that will not help you....yet.
The local officials cannot see the bigger picture or they have limited resources to react to the demand. Do your research. You will find the way.
Don't get frustrated. You won't get stranded.
Also remember all the Ford dealerships as the last resort. They will give a charge for free.
Don't hesitate to take the trip. You be surprised by the many options you have.
Start planning.!!!!!
Good luck.
Thanks, just need the car, LOL :(

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I own a 2017 GT Mustang Convertible.
We had no problem. I will have no problem taking my Mach E to the event.
The fans who would like to know will be asking questions. I can talk about the Mach E for hours to everyone who inquires.
Just remember.....some are hotheads. They cannot see or hear anything in front of them other than gasoline, motor oil, burnt rubber, exhaust fumes and burbling Mustang exhaust noise.
Most of the crowd will be just fine.
I will join you if I could.
But...you never know...my kid is at CCU and I could come up with an excuse to visit her.
A very good possibility.!!!!
Hope you can make it. Like I said, the event has a category for the Mustang Mach-e. I spoke to the organizer on the phone, Donna. She said just stop by the merchandise tent, find her and she will hook me up with an entry. I'm gonna go for it.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Hope you can make it. Like I said, the event has a category for the Mustang Mach-e. I spoke to the organizer on the phone, Donna. She said just stop by the merchandise tent, find her and she will hook me up with an entry. I'm gonna go for it.
A very good possibility!!!!!

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Apple picking season is here. A cruise to the SC & NC mountains. There are more than 8000 miles on the odometer. Usually I charge to 80% but on drives to the mountains I opted for 100%.
This was my actual range. 323 miles. Came home, run couple errants to couple stores and ended up back to my place with 68% charge.
Wondering when Ford will push the next OTA update to improve the range of the MME.
This under promise and over deliver ideology is only good until the data and numbers constitute an update to reflect the actual usable range.
Look at the picture. I don't have a light foot either.
I have the Engage Mode On all the time and I am considering to switch to Unbridle Mode permanently. The more comfortable I get with my MME it gets better. Hope other owners have similar experiences.
Good luck everyone.!!!!

PXL_20210905_122926001.jpg

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Hi, Folks! Just noticed this thread. I'm located in Lexington, SC and purchased Mustang Sally (Star White Premium EX4 dark interior) from Tindol Ford in Gastonia, NC - had a good dealer experience. She was a CTV (demo) and I placed a deposit on her June 1 - picked her up on July 15 with about 1400 miles. Paid MSRP. I've been busy personalizing her and documented my changes in this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mustang-sallys-wardrobe-is-complete.9008/
If you need any additional details or references on my modifications, please let me know. Great to share our excitement and the journey is just beginning!

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Hi, Folks! Just noticed this thread. I'm located in Lexington, SC and purchased Mustang Sally (Star White Premium EX4 dark interior) from Tindol Ford in Gastonia, NC - had a good dealer experience. She was a CTV (demo) and I placed a deposit on her June 1 - picked her up on July 15 with about 1400 miles. Paid MSRP. I've been busy personalizing her and documented my changes in this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mustang-sallys-wardrobe-is-complete.9008/
If you need any additional details or references on my modifications, please let me know. Great to share our excitement and the journey is just beginning!
Yes I saw your post about the mod journey, like it, and I am trying to decide on something similar. Want to keep my silver MME simple but with some extra touches so side stripes and grill sound like it.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Have any of you in this NC/SC area tried getting a 2nd fob programmed? Only 1 of the 3 dealers I called said they know how to do it even though it’s supposedly is the same as other fob’s. My PAAK works perfectly so don’t really need it but still wondering.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Have any of you in this NC/SC area tried getting a 2nd fob programmed? Only 1 of the 3 dealers I called said they know how to do it even though it’s supposedly is the same as other fob’s. My PAAK works perfectly so don’t really need it but still wondering.
No - I have no need for a second fob but I recommend calling Uriah at Tindol Ford in Gastonia or the folks at Asheville Ford ( they seem to get good reviews too).

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apple picking season is here. A cruise to the SC & NC mountains. There are more than 8000 miles on the odometer. Usually I charge to 80% but on drives to the mountains I opted for 100%.
This was my actual range. 323 miles. Came home, run couple errants to couple stores and ended up back to my place with 68% charge.
Wondering when Ford will push the next OTA update to improve the range of the MME.
This under promise and over deliver ideology is only good until the data and numbers constitute an update to reflect the actual usable range.
Look at the picture. I don't have a light foot either.
I have the Engage Mode On all the time and I am considering to switch to Unbridle Mode permanently. The more comfortable I get with my MME it gets better. Hope other owners have similar experiences.
Good luck everyone.!!!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone in South Carolina? PXL_20210905_122926001
Good question on the OTA for more range. I wonder if they did it secretly to my MME. Here is pic from yesterday before I left for Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week. When I got back to Wilmington I calculated the GOM prediction was only off by abt 20 miles. Sorry for the sideways pic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone in South Carolina? 8-8-21

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Good question on the OTA for more range. I wonder if they did it secretly to my MME. Here is pic from yesterday before I left for Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week. When I got back to Wilmington I calculated the GOM prediction was only off by abt 20 miles. Sorry for the sideways pic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone in South Carolina? 8-8-21
How did the Mustang Week competition end? Hope you enjoyed it!

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How did the Mustang Week competition end? Hope you enjoyed it!
I was the only MME in the competition so it ended pretty well, although I did not receive any plaque. I entered a bit to late for them to have made me one. It was a very enjoyable experience; super cool to see all those mustangs gathered in one spot. Will return next year; join me if you can.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Came down to the coast for a few days of vacation and a visit at CCU.
Visited my favorite State Park.
Huntington Beach State Park.
To my disbelief, I noticed swarms of Love bugs. What was a failed attempt to control a pest (mosquitoes) with another pest it created an unintended consequences.
Now Love bugs get attracted to the odors of decomposing matter and the smell of vehicle exhausts.
I 95 is a magnet to those bugs. Bad news to traveling vacationers. Their juices are acidic and they will ruin anything they come in contact. Especially the paint of any vehicle.
Now......this pest has adapted to its new environment and it is moving North.
They found their way to SC coastline.
Prepare yourselves for some undue headaches. Learn everything you can about this pest and how to remove it from your vehicles. Mother Nature has a way to get back to us. It is going to be a war we are going to loose. Another thing to worry when I visit the coastline in the fall.
Sponsored