Anyone in the loose bolt recall group taken delivery or turned in their car yet?

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Just curious if anyone has had experience with this recall work being completed. I'm in the recall, and my car has an ETA of 3/16. I won't be surprised if my actual delivery is after that, but I do wonder if anyone knows if this is a relatively quick fix or not. I'm assuming we don't have anyone with experience yet, at least I haven't heard anyone comment.

My dealer did say that they thought it would be a quick fix, but I'm skeptical as to how knowledgeable they really are on the issue.
Sponsored

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Just curious if anyone has had experience with this recall work being completed. I'm in the recall, and my car has an ETA of 3/16. I won't be surprised if my actual delivery is after that, but I do wonder if anyone knows if this is a relatively quick fix or not. I'm assuming we don't have anyone with experience yet, at least I haven't heard anyone comment.

My dealer did say that they thought it would be a quick fix, but I'm skeptical as to how knowledgeable they really are on the issue.
I sold my Bolt to the local Nisan dealer. They had the highest instant offer from carfax ($1,000 higher than the local Chevy dealer). I didn’t want the Ford dealer to jam me up last minute over the recall, so I sold the Bolt a couple weeks before my MMe arrived.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think he was talking about the recall for loose bolts, not the Chevy Bolt. But that was the first thing I thought of too.

OP
OP

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
I think he was talking about the recall for loose bolts, not the Chevy Bolt. But that was the first thing I thought of too.
Yes, I should have made my question more clear. I was talking about the loose bolt recall. Unless I’ve missed a post, which is ENTIRELY possible with the volume of topics on here, I haven’t heard of anyone having this recall work done yet.

I ended up throwing “loose” into the title in the hopes that makes it more clear.

Reactions: JSW

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, I should have made my question more clear. I was talking about the loose bolt recall. Unless I’ve missed a post, which is ENTIRELY possible with the volume of topics on here, I haven’t heard of anyone having this recall work done yet.
Yeah, not that I’ve seen. Mine isn’t included in the recall (1/19 build date), but I also haven’t gotten the car yet.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag

Mine arrived in evening of 3/9 and the dealer took care of recall next day. I'm picking it up on Tuesday.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I took delivery on 3/11, and the dealer told me they inspected for the loose subframe bolt as part of their pre-delivery inspections. not sure if they found the bolt was loose. But as inspections go, a loose bolt should be easy-peasy

OP
OP

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Mine arrived in evening of 3/9 and the dealer took care of recall next day. I'm picking it up on Tuesday.
That’s awesome, and what I was hoping for. Like I said, my dealer was optimistic about being able to take care of it quickly, but so much of the rest of this process has been so new to them, that I just wasn’t sure.

Thanks so much for the info.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now why would you do that...we were all looking forward to the responses.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag

I ended up throwing “loose” into the title in the hopes that makes it more clear.
Well that’s humbling- sorry

OP
OP

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Well that’s humbling- sorry
No! Not at all!

Like I said, my description was lacking. It’s not on you. I’m sorry for the confusion my lack of clarity caused. Hope you have a great rest of your day.
Sponsored