Anyone install Alpine DVR-C320R Dashcam ?

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
Why are you not fond of getting power from the OBD port, just two pins one for power one for ground. I'm running Thinkware U1000 4K using the OBD power. No issues in just under a year.

OP
OP

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
O
Why are you not fond of getting power from the OBD port, just two pins one for power one for ground. I'm running Thinkware U1000 4K using the OBD power. No issues in just under a year.
On the Thinkware website instructions they suggest relocating the factory OBD II port so their harness can be spliced into the OBD ll “chain.“

Thus is a sub optimal idea for many reasons.

It‘s much better to power off the battery or fuse block directly and run a dedicated power line. This is how amplifiers and other gear have been powered for years.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

reeflife

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
Anyone install in a Mach E?

This one can be powered just like an AMPLIFIER off the battery. The one Ford sells on the accessory site powers of the OBD II port which I am not fond of.

https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/dvrc320r-dash-cam
I almost purchased the Alpine but bought the pioneer and it was bad so I returned it to Amazon. So I went to all the stores locally and most recommended F200 with fort/back gps one. I bought mine at Best Buy so I could return it if didn’t like it. We hardwired using fuse micro fuse taps (no Obd) We like it! Works good. See video and clean install I did.

D8846C29-3AEF-490C-AE0B-2C36053E007A.jpeg

ACD00549-587D-4AC2-AA0D-573378AFCC91.jpeg

E75F0689-108C-4FEB-B545-B0A346172A31.jpeg

reeflife

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Banking
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
i like it but no power when car off to record hits or theft. That surround is excellent. Good driving cam.
It has a built-in battery that will run it long enough so that when it senses an impact it will turn on and record for a little while. When I get some extra kibble I want to buy a battery so mine will just run full time. 😊🐩

reeflife

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
It has a built-in battery that will run it long enough so that when it senses an impact it will turn on and record for a little while. When I get some extra kibble I want to buy a battery so mine will just run full time. 😊🐩
The F200 monitors the voltage and you choose what voltage drops to shut off. So far 3 days is the longest not plug-in before I was warned by the car but I didn’t measure the voltage because the F200 was still working and I set mine to stop at 12.4 volts.
Sponsored