Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Oh it happens. I proved that what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas. There's an old saying, "don't bring anything to the track that you can't afford to leave at the track." That said, there are track insurance companies. Expect a 10% deductible for the day, and maybe $250-400 for the premium.

I've used Lockton and would recommend them.

mtn_crash_dfee82481b8624e95b6c626a15d52fb11a7051b3.jpg
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
insurance definitely an issue.... and the 112mph speed limiter will make it very interesting and boil down to tires and driving skill. ;) I'd be tempted to remove all the seats except drivers' and save some weight for better accel too.... ;)

WildcatMachE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Extended Range
Country flag
I wonder if the slowest model (EX Battery RWD) would be good enough to track. If so I might be interested.
Agreed -- I've never tracked a car before, but it would be fun just to go somewhere you can drive in a fun, legal, and safe way :) I have the Cali Route 1, so I'm in the same boat.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Thinking about setting up a Mach e track day at Willow Springs in Southern California. Probably late October. Let me know if anyone is interested that way I know how much effort to put into it. ✌
Sounds fun! Depending on the weekend I may be on a boat in the middle of the Caribbean lol. So timing is key....

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
If any of you are serious about open tracking your car, go and watch a track day in advance. Look at things like safety equipment, tire pressure management, cooling ducts for brakes/transmissions/engines, and so on. It's not trivial on a hot day to keep everything reasonably cool and safe. Usually one can attend a track day simply by signing a waiver at the entrance in the morning.

I've got 12 track days under my belt, and I learned something every time I went.

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 GT500, 17 GT350R, 15 GT3, 00 Lightning, 91 Fox
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
This sounds like a great idea. We have setup several private track days for our Signature Wheel clients at Willow Springs and Buttonwillow over the years. Couple things to consider.
High desert up there in Palmdale is fairly remote. The availability of DC chargers will be crucial for an effective track day. My GT500 and GT350R both need several trips to the pumps for a full day event with 20 minute sessions. I would not anticipate these making it through a full day without the need for multiple charges.
Second I would definitely recommend having instructors on hand. Lots to be learned about how these cars react in a track environement. Willow springs is a fast track with a couple areas known to eat up cars. Doing some lead follow and classroom instruction that covers basic driving dynamics will be important.
We have had the Ford Performance Racing School attend some of our prior events, bring cars and do some excellent instruction. If you guys are interested in doing something like that I can see about incorporating it with one of our private track days. Probably would shoot for Buttonwillow if we did it though. Better charging locations around, smoother track, slower for beginners, and lots of room to run off.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone interested in track day at Willow Springs? IMG-5597
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone interested in track day at Willow Springs? IMG-5599
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone interested in track day at Willow Springs? SV101-GT350-Thunder-Hill-Ty-3
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone interested in track day at Willow Springs? Vudu350-R-Edited-Hi-Res-1
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone interested in track day at Willow Springs? SV502-FP350-S-FPRS-8

Donna

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Teamster
Country flag
Thinking about setting up a Mach e track day at Willow Springs in Southern California. Probably late October. Let me know if anyone is interested that way I know how much effort to put into it. ✌
I would love to come....?

MParkour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 RR Mustang GT 2017 Tacoma 2021 RR MME FE
Country flag

I was just there with my 2017 Mustang this last weekend. I almost took the Mach E but I didnt know if the guys putting on the event would like an electric vehicle out there with the crazy suped up cars.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Don't know about racing. But if a hundred MachEs showed up and did a lap together, that would be a fun video.

FASTNF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 4x4,
Country flag
I live a bout 25 miles from the track. There are DCFC in Lancaster and Palmdale, Mojave and Tehachapi. All are a minimum of 25 miles from the tack. Streets would definitely better for EVs. Most clubs get their events covered as driver education events which are allowed by most insurance companies. While racing is not covered.

I have run both tracks previously with the Porsche Owners Club. Great Fun!!!

lefortpf

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Occupation
Media
Country flag
Dunno how I missed this thread-- Picked up my MME GT in Oct. Just ran @ Big Willow yesterday. Great fun, very limited charging options @ track. The MME GT was lapped by nearly everything out there, which were much lighter racers. I'm also a noob. But still tons of fun-- lots of great comments by other drivers. Couldn't believe I brought an eSUV to the track. Would be VERY intersted in another day with MME owners-- Street of Willow might be a better fit for MMEs. Lmk!
Sponsored