Anyone know how to get search to work, like in navigation when vehicle is in motion

Tushargl016

First Name
Tushar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Whenever vehicle is in motion and we try to change the route or use search in general the sync system won't let us do that. Either the search box won't show up or the keyboard is disabled anyone know if there is a setting to disable this behavior
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Whenever vehicle is in motion and we try to change the route or use search in general the sync system won't let us do that. Either the search box won't show up or the keyboard is disabled anyone know if there is a setting to disable this behavior
Use the voice commands. “Navigate to…”

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Use the voice commands. “Navigate to…”
Which may or may not work :). My experience is that it doesn't "AND" you search terms together to limit results. I was in southern NJ headed to Mt Pocono in PA and knew I wanted to stop at a certain PA walmart on the way. No matter how I tried to phrase it, it gave me every walmart it could find in proximity-to-my-current position, and it was just too frustrating. I finally pulled up waze and had the route planned in about 15 seconds. I use waze over wireless android auto most of the time, and it doesn't disable the keyboard. AFAIK Ford does not have a way to force enabling of the keyboard whilemoving, which is silly since they have a sensor on the passenger seat and know that the passenger could be using the keyboard

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Which may or may not work :). My experience is that it doesn't "AND" you search terms together to limit results. I was in southern NJ headed to Mt Pocono in PA and knew I wanted to stop at a certain PA walmart on the way. No matter how I tried to phrase it, it gave me every walmart it could find in proximity-to-my-current position, and it was just too frustrating. I finally pulled up waze and had the route planned in about 15 seconds. I use waze over wireless android auto most of the time, and it doesn't disable the keyboard. AFAIK Ford does not have a way to force enabling of the keyboard whilemoving, which is silly since they have a sensor on the passenger seat and know that the passenger could be using the keyboard
In that scenario if you know you want to go to a specific location then navigate to it before starting your trip, then cancel the route. This will save it in your ‘Recent’ menu which is accessible while in motion. Sync navigation saves up to 50 Recent locations.

OP
OP

Tushargl016

First Name
Tushar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
It's not just navigate to that I want to search, I also want to search on YouTube videos while in motion and the app is not compatible with sync 4 voice commands

OP
OP

Tushargl016

First Name
Tushar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
So true, the passenger should be allowed to do that
Sponsored