Anyone know if the two 2022 tax credits are separate? Need to know if we can get two credits this year.

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
My mom’s 2022 Mach E got hit right after it was delivered and was under the old tax credit (barely). She immediately ordered a 2023 which is due early December and will fall under the new tax credit.

Just need to know if she can claim both for 2022. The new credit has a one vehicle limit but I’d think that would only take affect after August 16th meaning there “should” be two separate EV tax credits to pick from at tax time. Pre August 16th which was limit free and the new one.

No need to bring up the income rules or tax liability. Those parts we understand.

thanks
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
As long as you have enough tax liability, there is no limit to the number of tax credits you can take for the 2022 tax year. If the 2023 MME is purchased before the end of 2022, it won't be subject to any of the new tax credit rules.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
My mom’s 2022 Mach E got hit right after it was delivered and was under the old tax credit (barely). She immediately ordered a 2023 which is due early December and will fall under the new tax credit.
are you really sure about this? there are a lot of us banking on the fact that the 2023 is eligible for the old credit if delivery is taken before 12/31/2022.

the august date is not the transition point between the two credits. it's a transition point for whether or not the north american final assembly is relevant, and the 2023 MME should qualify (although it is not on the list currently.)

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
are you really sure about this? there are a lot of us banking on the fact that the 2023 is eligible for the old credit if delivery is taken before 12/31/2022.

the august date is not the transition point between the two credits. it's a transition point for whether or not the north american final assembly is relevant, and the 2023 MME should qualify (although it is not on the list currently.)

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d
I’m not sure. I just know some changes went into affect on 8/16