Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
What the fudge is the FTRM module? That's not even listed as a module in FDRS.
This is the one where if you did the update to the BCM before the GFM update was available you'd end up with a "Frunk System Maintenance Required" error until the GFM got updated to bring everything back into sync. Once you do the GFM update on a J1 car it also give you the ability to open the frunk with the door keypad. And as of this morning with Sync 539 installed there is now a working frunk button in the Access menu for '21 J1 cars as well.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am only quoting what it says FTRM is on the bulletin that @Wonky_Donkey posted in #6 above which he got from Ford. I know this because I have seen the same bulletin at my dealer. Also dealers ( well mine at least) aren't using FDRS for the MME. They are using a different diagnostic system. It also states that after this update OTA events will be able to occur.
What are your dealer techs using to do programming? I thought FDRS was a Ford worldwide standard thing.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
The FTRM is also called the GFM (generic function module), at least in the USA. GFM shows up in FDRS.
Now that makes sense...Why on earth didnt they put GFM, instead of this mythical FTRM module. Only Ford........

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think whoever wrote the bulletin had been at the sherry šŸ¤£

I was going to check to see if my 2022 has a mysterious FTRM in FDRS but I saw a new APIM update pop up and Iā€™ve started the download and install of that. Little did I realise that itā€™s a 15Gb update that has downloaded and is now copying to USB.

So by the time itā€™s copied it from the Ford servers to the Laptop to the USB stick to the car and then installed it that 15Gb will have been moved four times. That will take forever šŸ™ˆ
@Wonky_Donkey Did you have to do a connected scan for the APIM to show? I checked mine this morning and nada (disconnected)

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well no APIM update for me. Just done a connected scan and nada.... 21J1 :(

Edge2MME

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Ed
Country flag
My recall on ETIS states GFM
Outstanding Field Service Actions

22P25 - MACH-E RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLES IN THE UK AND IRELAND FITTED WITH THATCHAM SECU RITY SYSTEM BCM AND GFM SOFTWARE UPDATE

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I've already updated my BCM and GFM a while ago, so I've got this already, just the document published above implies there is a FTRM module, which is just plain wrong.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yeah, I've already updated my BCM and GFM a while ago, so I've got this already, just the document published above implies there is a FTRM module, which is just plain wrong.
I think they wanted to rename it FTRM but they didn't get the service manual and documentation updated in time for product release. GFM is sort of the default name for a new module, they just never changed it from the default. They should probably update everything to FTRM and remove all references to GFM but Ford is in such a state...

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
This is the one where if you did the update to the BCM before the GFM update was available you'd end up with a "Frunk System Maintenance Required" error until the GFM got updated to bring everything back into sync. Once you do the GFM update on a J1 car it also give you the ability to open the frunk with the door keypad. And as of this morning with Sync 539 installed there is now a working frunk button in the Access menu for '21 J1 cars as well.
Probably going to be a while before we get Sync 539 pushed to us though.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
So can I check I've got this right... my MME went in this afternoon for the contactor recall update. They said that Ford had told them to also do a Body Control Module update (presumably BCM!) plus a Frunk Module. They then kept the car because they were getting a frunk error message, and I got a call a bit later to say that Ford had got back to tell them to update the General Module (presumably GFM!) to clear the message, and apparently this worked!
I haven't had any OTA since they did the stuck 1.6 fix at the beginning of July - should I now get an update soon to Sync 539? And full frunk opening capability?
And does this mean that in effect I've also had the 22P25 recall completed?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So can I check I've got this right... my MME went in this afternoon for the contactor recall update. They said that Ford had told them to also do a Body Control Module update (presumably BCM!) plus a Frunk Module. They then kept the car because they were getting a frunk error message, and I got a call a bit later to say that Ford had got back to tell them to update the General Module (presumably GFM!) to clear the message, and apparently this worked!
I haven't had any OTA since they did the stuck 1.6 fix at the beginning of July - should I now get an update soon to Sync 539? And full frunk opening capability?
And does this mean that in effect I've also had the 22P25 recall completed?
Generic Function Module (GFM) is the module that controls the frunk opening in a Mach-E.

About two months ago a BCM update was released that if you jumped in and did the update straightaway you would end up with a "Frunk System Maintenance Required" error. This is because the companion GFM update that this particular version of the BCM update was intended to work with hadn't been released yet.

At this point both are out in the wild and available for techs to update. But to avoid the error they have to be done together. Some techs are unaware of the connection between those two updates and panic after doing the BCM. They just need to push on with programming the GFM and it will all be fine.

BTW this whole issue was listed prominently in the Professional Tech System (PTS), Alerts section on the PTS front page. So the fact that they missed it should tell you something....

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably going to be a while before we get Sync 539 pushed to us though.
I can almost guarantee it won't show up until this gateway module is updated first:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone know what 22P25 is? WF0TR1RM4MMA30003-27-Sep-22

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I can almost guarantee it won't show up until this gateway module is updated first:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone know what 22P25 is? WF0TR1RM4MMA30003-27-Sep-22
Are those the module updates on my VIN Mike? Iā€™d have thought the list should be getting shorter by now, not longer! Hopefully some might get pushed OTA but I doubt it, shame I donā€™t have a need to visit my dealer at the moment.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are those the module updates on my VIN Mike? Iā€™d have thought the list should be getting shorter by now, not longer! Hopefully some might get pushed OTA but I doubt it, shame I donā€™t have a need to visit my dealer at the moment.
Those are yours, yup.
Sponsored