Anyone - Mach E, Minnesota winter - real world range please

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I live in Minnesota(winter). Any one please tell me real world range for the winter period. Thinking on a premium, AWD extended range battery.
Sponsored

EdY

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
There a lot of varibles to consider. But I would plan on ~50 to 60% of summer range. Just picked up my GT PE last week. I will let you know. :)

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I live in Minnesota(winter). Any one please tell me real world range for the winter period. Thinking on a premium, AWD extended range battery.
I've got that exact spec. I got my car at the end of January 2021 and did a few trips in February from Metro Detroit to Metro Grand Rapids (about 400 miles round trip) plus the normal driving around town too. I saw about a 30% range hit overall for winter driving.

Use departure times to warm up before leaving, use the heated steering wheel/seats and reduce the cabin temp, leave your coat on, drive slower. Too many variables to give a dead on prediction of range.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I did some calculations with this for a 4X (270 mile EPA range), best case with full preconditioning you'd only lose about 20% (216 mile range), worst case driving through some snow you might lose 45% (148 mile range). So with a conservative buffer your commute should be less than 55 miles each way for a 4X, the vast majority of people have shorter commutes than that. Leave the car plugged in and precondition as much as possible to minimize losses.

OP
OP
kkgg

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I've got that exact spec. I got my car at the end of January 2021 and did a few trips in February from Metro Detroit to Metro Grand Rapids (about 400 miles round trip) plus the normal driving around town too. I saw about a 30% range hit overall for winter driving.

Use departure times to warm up before leaving, use the heated steering wheel/seats and reduce the cabin temp, leave your coat on, drive slower. Too many variables to give a dead on prediction of range.
yeah, I can see friends/family almost all the time in this car. Some of them have Teslas. Asking them to reduce the cabin temp, leave the coat on, drive slow will be huge disaster for me.
But I get your points. Thanks for the info. Thanks again

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
yeah, I can see friends/family almost all the time in this car. Some of them have Teslas. Asking them to reduce the cabin temp, leave the coat on, drive slow will be huge disaster for me.
Teslas have the same issue with battery life in winter...

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Teslas have the same issue with battery life in winter...
And owners on the Tesla forum report 35% hit on range during true cold winter weather. Charging is also slower in cold winter weather. This is from one that has a home in Northern Wisconsin.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Huh, about the only time I take my coat off when it’s cold out is after a duck hunt. That stuff is way too warm to wear inside the Blazer, even with the heat off. When it’s hot out? Always take it off.

OP
OP
kkgg

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
And owners on the Tesla forum report 35% hit on range during true cold winter weather. Charging is also slower in cold winter weather. This is from one that has a home in Northern Wisconsin.
ok, understood. Thanks for the info. I know ford is very conservative on range(which is good thing for us)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Bragging about something that they have no true knowledge about? Who gives a rat's behind?

The reality is that if you buy ANY electric vehicle, you're going to lose range during the winter. How much you lose depends on temperature, and whether you precondition before departing. Doesn't matter what brand of vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kkgg

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Just to update the thread, Ordered one yesterday.
Will probably change to White color with white appearance package
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone - Mach E, Minnesota winter - real world range please 1633893124441
Sponsored