Anyone made the San Diego -> Sacramento I5 run yet?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I wonder if we could start a thread to warn folks about certain chargers not working as listed. Or are they already out there? I had a spot of bad luck on San Luis Obispo with several EA chargers, and a 50 kw charger at the train station in Arroyo Grande.
Maybe someone could start a thread in the Regional-California Forum? That'd be a start.

I'd do the same for Hawaii, but it'd be: "There are 6 DCFC on the island. All are 50 kWh Green Lots branded and managed by the local utility company. You're on an island, what's your hurry? Good Luck."

Not much of a Hawaii thread. Except for the sarcasm part
Sponsored

OP
OP

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I wonder if we could start a thread to warn folks about certain chargers not working as listed. Or are they already out there? I had a spot of bad luck on San Luis Obispo with several EA chargers, and a 50 kw charger at the train station in Arroyo Grande.
It tends to change often so I am not sure a forum is the best place for that, and it can effect non-Mach e owners as well. In this particular case, the Ford mapping app seemed to know it was offline but didn't have an easy way of telling me that other than routing me on a different path. A Better Route Planner didn't know it was offline, but did show the chargers in an "unknown" state which is what got me looking. PlugShare knew it was offline and had recent comments about it. It seems like checking PlugShare (and updating it) is a better way to track this.

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
I'm from the Central Valley but currently live in Oceanside. I've made a few trips back to visit family and start with a full battery, then stop at the Tejon rest area at the grapevine to charge for about 45 min., it's free. I just charge long enough to get me to Tulare, which is off the 99 freeway where there's an Electrify America.

There are 2 additional free charging stations by Caltrans, in Delano and the rest area in Tulare off the 99. These are 50kw stations.

OP
OP

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I'm from the Central Valley but currently live in Oceanside. I've made a few trips back to visit family and start with a full battery, then stop at the Tejon rest area at the grapevine to charge for about 45 min., it's free. I just charge long enough to get me to Tulare, which is off the 99 freeway where there's an Electrify America.

There are 2 additional free charging stations by Caltrans, in Delano and the rest area in Tulare off the 99. These are 50kw stations.
Nice, thanks! That Tejon rest area one is a 100kw free charger - very nice indeed!

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
Nice, thanks! That Tejon rest area one is a 100kw free charger - very nice indeed!
You're welcome! Chargers are located at the SB rest area only, not sure why. But you can access it by taking the Lebec Rd exit to the other side.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If you report outages on PlugShare, they seem to filter into the FordPass app as well. PlugShare is a good go-to place for public charging info.
Sponsored