Anyone making an aftermarket plastic grille?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4669
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 4669

I am kind of surprised I haven’t seen any mention of someone making a stick on plastic front grille. I see a lot of people using vinyl but think an actual plastic grille would look much much better. Anyone know if any are in development?
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'm kind of surprised Ford is putting a cheap plastic sticker on the most expensive version, the GT. Maybe the 2023 refresh will address this. For Ford, the tooling costs would amount to one day's rounding error.

I wouldn't want it to be peel 'n stick though. Highway winds will eventually move it to someone else's windshield.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4669

So the GT grille isn’t even plastic it’s just a sticker? Wow that’s terrible for a 60-70k vehicle.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Honestly, I am fine with my GT-PE having a decal for a grille. Better aerodynamics, less weight. Win-win in my book. Now to get rid of the motors for the front seats and some other junk I don’t want.

Norm in NC

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This whole concept is really interesting. I got an MME for my wife and she wants to keep the “electric” look, meaning a non-grill front end. Getting it wrapped in clear tomorrow. My wife’s name is Phyllis, so her car name Is Filly, and we’re getting a vanity tag - PHYL-E. Love this car!

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Of course it's a sticker, is just for show. They wouldn't want to mess up the aero adding some lumpy plastic with no airflow, never mind the extra weight. I'm surprised anyone is surprised by this.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
My impression (and I may be totally off base) is it is a decal with a clear plastic cover over it. Looks like the plastic cover may house the illuminated pony. But guess we won't know till the reviewers get a hold of it.
Sponsored