Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket?

SpaceWhite02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The dealer did not install the front license plate bracket. I'm looking for alternatives where I do not have to drill into the front bumper. I saw the Craig solution and am concerned about the tape failing and running over my license plate & bracket. I found the Sto N Sho brackets (https://stonsho.com/compare/646/633) , and wanted to know if anyone used them? Also, if anyone found another bracket that could be mounted off center?
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
The dealer did not install the front license plate bracket. I'm looking for alternatives where I do not have to drill into the front bumper. I saw the Craig solution and am concerned about the tape failing and running over my license plate & bracket. I found the Sto N Sho brackets (https://stonsho.com/compare/646/633) , and wanted to know if anyone used them? Also, if anyone found another bracket that could be mounted off center?
Here's the best alternative. No holes needed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20210912_144855

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Here in Colorado I've been warned by a cop that while not having a front plate is a simple $25 ticket; having a forged plate (vinyl sticker not printed by the state) is a felony and $500 ticket and/or jail time. Seems like I might go without or just install my bracket personally.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Here's the best alternative. No holes needed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20210912_144855
I am going this route. My dealer swears up and down that the brackets are installed by Ford, despite the TSM from May. I am hoping I don’t have to fill the holes when I get my license plate wrap.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Here in Colorado I've been warned by a cop that while not having a front plate is a simple $25 ticket; having a forged plate (vinyl sticker not printed by the state) is a felony and $500 ticket and/or jail time. Seems like I might go without or just install my bracket personally.
I guess it’s time to talk to your state representatives to urge them to do a program like we have in CA for a legal license plate wrap.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
While a forged plate is illegal, the site that produces these plates states that it's legal in all 50 states. It's not a forgery if you own that plate number.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
While a forged plate is illegal, the site that produces these plates states that it's legal in all 50 states. It's not a forgery if you own that plate number.
The police here say the law says otherwise. Mainly because while legal as a novelty item it's NOT a state approved identification and cannot be affixed as such. Doesn't matter what you want them to charge you with. Ignorance is no excuse from the law.

That said the chances are, I'd hope, that you would get a warning and nothing more unless they are having a really bad day. But I'd rather not roll the dice.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I haven't heard of that bracket, but for $100 they really should have some better pictures than a photoshopped plate on a stock image and then a non descript pic of some random X shaped piece of plastic. This tells me nothing, nor does the description, about how it mounts or how it stays put.

You're right about the Craig solution. It doesn't work and the guy has said he has no interest in improving it.

OP
OP

SpaceWhite02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered the Sho N Sto bracket and mounted it today. I talked to a guy there before ordering to make sure it does not interfere with any of the sensors. He said that it doesn't and he has sold several. Here is how it looks.

Front View 1.jpeg

Front View 2.jpeg

Side View.jpeg

OP
OP

SpaceWhite02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
how does it attach to the car?
It attaches by using the screw under the bumper which connects the bumper to the under body cover. It also has 3M glue to provide additional support in addition to the screw.

Here is a picture from the installation manual.

Manual Pic.jpeg

imshaftia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT (reserved)
Country flag
Please keep us updated about sensor interference as well as any impressions you have from using it. I'm definitely interested in ordering one.

Thank you.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Hmm. Knowing now that there is a screw under there to utilize I’m fairly certain I can make something that would work if I get in trouble for running with no plate and save the $100 entry price

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ordered the Sho N Sto bracket and mounted it today. I talked to a guy there before ordering to make sure it does not interfere with any of the sensors. He said that it doesn't and he has sold several. Here is how it looks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? Manual Pic

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? Manual Pic

Any updates on if you have had any interference with the sensors?

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Anyone have more pix of the trunk mat installed?
Sponsored