Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket?

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Any updates on if you have had any interference with the sensors?
I picked up my gt today and installed the gt sho and sto and am getting sensor interference..
Sponsored

Last edited:

imshaftia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT (reserved)
Country flag
I picked up my gt today and installed the gt sho and sto and am getting sensor interference..
Do you have a plate mounted on the bracket, or just the bracket?

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Do you have a plate mounted on the bracket, or just the bracket?
Plate on the bracket, though I have a very thin silicone plate holder attached also. I am removing that and will see today if I still get the warning

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I removed the silicone plate holder and still no luck, I have reached out to STO N SHO and am going to verify i received the GT one and not the non GT by mistake

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Sto N Sho is has been working on a 3m taped concept and are going to send it out for me to test. For me though it wasnt about the drilling and more about the plate cutting into the grill.

The current one i have that interferes with the sensor has a slight bend in the rods, I'm gonna try straightening them out and see if that will fix the issue, since the plate will sit lower.

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I guess it’s time to talk to your state representatives to urge them to do a program like we have in CA for a legal license plate wrap.
Or tell them you don't need front plates at all like most states have moved to.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
The police here say the law says otherwise. Mainly because while legal as a novelty item it's NOT a state approved identification and cannot be affixed as such. Doesn't matter what you want them to charge you with. Ignorance is no excuse from the law.

That said the chances are, I'd hope, that you would get a warning and nothing more unless they are having a really bad day. But I'd rather not roll the dice.
Sometimes the law is absurd. How about death penalty for a second offense?

mrpeterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Camry, 92 Lexus SC300
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hmm. Knowing now that there is a screw under there to utilize I’m fairly certain I can make something that would work if I get in trouble for running with no plate and save the $100 entry price
I'm thinking that as well. I'd rather have just the ability to put the plate on right before the yearly inspection and remove it right afterwards. I don't need anything beyond that. Front plates are required for a sticker in Maine, but I've only ever heard of warnings given out to people who get pulled over without a front plate. Plus half the cars on Maine roads in the summer are from out of state with no front plates, so they really can't take a close look at every one.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Good news - Sto N Show is working now. I had a theory that the license plate was a tad high, since there is a bend in the shaft that slides into the mounted bracket. The way the plate sits the bottom was almost even with the bottom of the black fascia. Knowing other parts of the car sit lower then i figured lowering could be a possible fix.

I put together a very crude zip tie, and painters tape mount that lowered the plate ~1.5 and had no issues. I then hammered the bend straighter, after which i had to bend the license plate mount section back to 90 degrees. In total it lowered the plate about a half inch and it does not interfere with the forward sensor anymore. So now i get no warning, and had no issues using blue cruise and regular adaptive cruise control.

I told Sto N Sho so hopefully they also remove the bend in future orders. I've attached a picture of the bend that i hammered mostly out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211021_171037

Last edited:

imshaftia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered the Sho N Sto bracket and mounted it today. I talked to a guy there before ordering to make sure it does not interfere with any of the sensors. He said that it doesn't and he has sold several. Here is how it looks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211021_171037

How has this been working for you? Did you get your plates? Any issues once you put plates on the brackets?

OP
OP

SpaceWhite02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
How has this been working for you? Did you get your plates? Any issues once you put plates on the brackets?
I haven't had any issues with sensors and the Sto n Sho bracket. I have a premium model which has a slightly different bracket than the GT.

imshaftia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with sensors and the Sto n Sho bracket. I have a premium model which has a slightly different bracket than the GT.
Thank you, that's good information to have.

bigw25

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
Software Support Engineer
Country flag
I just put my plates on yesterday and started having the sensor issue. I'll try the rebending fix. Frustrating that I paid so much for the mount just to have to fix it.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I'm thinking that as well. I'd rather have just the ability to put the plate on right before the yearly inspection and remove it right afterwards. I don't need anything beyond that. Front plates are required for a sticker in Maine, but I've only ever heard of warnings given out to people who get pulled over without a front plate. Plus half the cars on Maine roads in the summer are from out of state with no front plates, so they really can't take a close look at every one.
I think this is a smart use. Otherwise, if mounting permanently, I honestly think Ford’s bracket looks best (short of no bracket).

The sticker solution isn’t great for the Mach-E because the bumper is curving right where it goes on. And at least personally, something about those mounts that make it look like the plate is free floating don’t look quite right.

If I didn’t already have the bumper drilled with the mount all early Mach-E’s were coming with, I’d probably just leave the plate off and risk the ticket. Some minor ticket every so often is worth the gain in appearance in my opinion.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The police here say the law says otherwise. Mainly because while legal as a novelty item it's NOT a state approved identification and cannot be affixed as such. Doesn't matter what you want them to charge you with. Ignorance is no excuse from the law.

That said the chances are, I'd hope, that you would get a warning and nothing more unless they are having a really bad day. But I'd rather not roll the dice.
While it’s true if the cops are saying something about how to interpret a law they’re probably right, they nevertheless don’t get the final word on what is or isn’t the law.

Of course that means if you do it and get a ticket, you have to fight it in court, but who knows, you could still win. Would definitely be a loss from the point of view of having to deal with the hassle though if someone did this and had to fight it in traffic court, even if they ultimately won.
Sponsored