Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket?

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I just put my plates on yesterday and started having the sensor issue. I'll try the rebending fix. Frustrating that I paid so much for the mount just to have to fix it.
An update I've had no issues since, and have used blue cruise multiples times. Basically just flipped it upside down and hammered them straighter.
Sponsored

cetialphav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy, Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Country flag
An update I've had no issues since, and have used blue cruise multiples times. Basically just flipped it upside down and hammered them straighter.
What, if any, response did you get from Sto-n-Sho?

I'm trying to decide if I hammer mine out or try to return it.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
That one bolt set up looks flimsy. My opinion. I will keep following and researching. That front factory plate mount bugs me. I REFUSED to mount that on my 2012 GT. Just left the plate in the car or on the dash. Guess I got lucky, never had a problem.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
That one bolt set up looks flimsy. My opinion. I will keep following and researching. That front factory plate mount bugs me. I REFUSED to mount that on my 2012 GT. Just left the plate in the car or on the dash. Guess I got lucky, never had a problem.
It's one bolt and 3m tape. It seems very sturdy compared to other options.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
What, if any, response did you get from Sto-n-Sho?

I'm trying to decide if I hammer mine out or try to return it.
Besides sending pictures when asked nothing. I assume if they get a GT at their local dealer they will test it out. Hammering was easy and I've had zero issues since

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Good to hear it doesn't block on the premium. I have my Sto n sho (and ChragePoint, too), but still awaiting delivery of my MME, which should arrive within 2 weeks :)

I'm in MA, and considering literally stowing my front plate, mounted to the Sto n sho, in my trunk. If I happen to ever get pulled over, I'd tell the officer, "Oh shoot, I was at a car show and forgot to put it back on, but will bolt it back on right now!" ;)

Flyinillini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Fusion
Country flag
I worked with StoNSho on an original design. I wanted it to be placed where the factory installed plate is supposed to go so as to avoid any interference with the sensors. They were very helpful. This was the end result. It’s held up with 3m tape.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 471C7FD3-C758-4202-B3CB-2BAEB9D702A0
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 3833BF1D-0396-4A4D-8922-DD7B74DA13BB
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 5191B8A4-831A-4B62-B146-9439EE72FAA1

Last edited:

imshaftia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT (reserved)
Country flag
I worked with StoNSho on an original design. I wanted it to be placed where the factory installed plate is supposed to go so as to avoid any interference with the sensors. They were very helpful. This was the end result. It’s held up with 3m tape.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 5191B8A4-831A-4B62-B146-9439EE72FAA1
Could you tell us a bit more? Did you buy an existing product of their and modify it? Did they build some sort of one-off for you? Is this something they intend to sell?

Thanks.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Could you tell us a bit more? Did you buy an existing product of their and modify it? Did they build some sort of one-off for you? Is this something they intend to sell?

Thanks.
When I was emailing with them. It's a product they are working on.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That looks good. I would buy that one. Technically the original design looks to put the license plate <12" from the ground which in Texas would violate the same provision in the law as not having a license plate at all.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I don't think I trust the tape option. I have heard of plates falling off that were taped. I would be willing to put a hole under the bumper lip where it cannot be seen without laying down on the ground.

I have my GT with no holes and no front plate. Since the tags are temporary, I have a little time to figure this out. Vinyl seems like it will get destroyed by rocks, so a plate is needed I think.

I really, really don't want a front plate at all. The car looks so good without it. Maybe I will take a chance like others have.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I don't think I trust the tape option. I have heard of plates falling off that were taped. I would be willing to put a hole under the bumper lip where it cannot be seen without laying down on the ground.

I have my GT with no holes and no front plate. Since the tags are temporary, I have a little time to figure this out. Vinyl seems like it will get destroyed by rocks, so a plate is needed I think.

I really, really don't want a front plate at all. The car looks so good without it. Maybe I will take a chance like others have.
The current under mount sto n sho uses an existing under bumper screw.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The current under mount sto n sho uses an existing under bumper screw.
Yes, that is ideal, but I think it is too low. Not sure if VA regulates the height of the plate like TX does.

Maybe it will work though. You have a GT also and you solved the sensor issue, so that might be the way I go as well. Or maybe I just leave it off and wait for the first ticket. ;-)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have decided to go with this option and will post pictures after I get it mounted. BTW - I am also using a vinyl reproduction of my front license plate because Virginia stopped making that plate and road debris has ruined it over the years. So rather than get new plates of a different design, I had https://customlicenseplates.us/ make one that looks like the one that has most of the paint worn off.

I don't want to apply the vinyl to the car because I think it will get ripped, potted, dinged and fall apart from highway driving. And I think I will eventually get a ticket from my law enforcement friends, so would rather not take that chance. If it is covered and on a flat plate looking surface, I don't think they will notice it is not an officially issued plate. I hope.
Sponsored