Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket?

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
I emailed Sto N Sho earlier this week on whether they had addressed sensor interference issues.

"We have made adjustments to the design to eliminate the interference."

I ordered one. I'll put my findings on here when I get it.
Sponsored

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
Got the bracket this weekend. Installed it and I'm occasionally getting errors that the collision avoidance sensors are blocked. It's weird though because after a while the error will go away and it will be fine. My default the plate is about an inch from the chin spoiler. I pushed it in almost flush and didn't see the sensor errors after that. Thought I had it solved, but got them again this morning with the plate pushed in.

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
Got the bracket this weekend. Installed it and I'm occasionally getting errors that the collision avoidance sensors are blocked. It's weird though because after a while the error will go away and it will be fine. My default the plate is about an inch from the chin spoiler. I pushed it in almost flush and didn't see the sensor errors after that. Thought I had it solved, but got them again this morning with the plate pushed in.
Also does look to be slightly redesigned. The rods still have a slight bend to them but not nearly as much as the OPs pictures.

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Also does look to be slightly redesigned. The rods still have a slight bend to them but not nearly as much as the OPs pictures.
Can you post some GT pics so we can see how it looks, etc. on your next update?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Can you post some GT pics so we can see how it looks, etc. on your next update?
I purchased one for my GT but I have not mounted it yet. Right now I am using a 30 day tag and no front plate. When the real plates arrive, then I will install the bracket and post pictures.

dbonsett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Here in Colorado I've been warned by a cop that while not having a front plate is a simple $25 ticket; having a forged plate (vinyl sticker not printed by the state) is a felony and $500 ticket and/or jail time. Seems like I might go without or just install my bracket personally.
Good to know.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't think I trust the tape option. I have heard of plates falling off that were taped. I would be willing to put a hole under the bumper lip where it cannot be seen without laying down on the ground.

I have my GT with no holes and no front plate. Since the tags are temporary, I have a little time to figure this out. Vinyl seems like it will get destroyed by rocks, so a plate is needed I think.

I really, really don't want a front plate at all. The car looks so good without it. Maybe I will take a chance like others have.
The tape on my Craig's Custom Bracket has failed twice. One time the tape came off the bracket, the other time it came off the car. I don't trust the tape-only attachment any more.

MinervaDreaming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Here’s my GT with Sto n Sho. Didn’t take these with the purpose of showing off the sho n go, sorry it’s not more clear, but hopefully it helps.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 1C0FA02A-E76A-4CCB-AF60-1F754ED6315C

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here’s my GT with Sto n Sho. Didn’t take these with the purpose of showing off the sho n go, sorry it’s not more clear, but hopefully it helps.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 1C0FA02A-E76A-4CCB-AF60-1F754ED6315C
That looks good. Did you get any sensor errors?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope. I got the one specifically made for the GT, they bend the bars differently to avoid sensor errors.
That's the one I got as well. Just wanted to validate your experience. Thanks!

mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
Nope. I got the one specifically made for the GT, they bend the bars differently to avoid sensor errors.
Just ordered after reading this too. Thanks!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had the license plate mounted for about a week now. Everything works except strangely last night as I slowed down at stoplights I got the beeping from the front sensors. It only did it a couple times and then stopped, so not sure if it had anything to do with the license plate.

Adaptive cruise works fine. The plate is low and I have scraped it a few times on sharp dips, but that is expected. I think it looks great and so much better than the standard bracket. Totally worth the purchase. Get one!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211216_195529

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211216_223141

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211216_223528

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211216_223657

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211216_195444

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211217_133942

Last edited:

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I have had the license plate mounted for about a week now. Everything works except strangely last night as I slowed down at stoplights I got the beeping from the front sensors. It only did it a couple times and then stopped, so not sure if it had anything to do with the license plate.

Adaptive cruise works fine. The plate is low and I have scraped it a few times on sharp dips, but that is expected. I think it looks great and so much better than the standard bracket. Totally worth the purchase. Get one!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone mount their front license plate using Sto N Sho bracket? 20211217_133942

Mike, when you get a chance. Would you mind please a couple pictures from underneath. I would like to see how that attaches. Most appreciative. Glenn

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mike, when you get a chance. Would you mind please a couple pictures from underneath. I would like to see how that attaches. Most appreciative. Glenn
I would have gone right out and taken the pictures but I took my car to the Ford dealership to get all the software modules updated. It looks like it will be tomorrow before I can pick it up. When I get the car back I will post pictures.
Sponsored