Anyone notice can't use voice commands for USB media when Carplay is on?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Up until a couple updates ago, you could use voice commands to play music on usb connected media. Now it just says you can't use voice commands to play media when carplay is connected. pain in the butt... haven't found a good way around it since the system won't let me scroll songs from usb when driving. sometimes I just switch carplay off on the phone and then it will work, but then carplay doesn't usually come back on till the next drive when you toggle it back on. I find all these so called safety blocks end up making it more distracting and dangerous if anything.
Sponsored

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I think you're talking about Siri and controlling your iPhone to play music. You must long press on the voice button on the steering wheel and you will see the Siri listening globe on your screen. Or you can activate 'Hey, Siri, with CarPlay while locked.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
No, I am using Ford Voice to play flash drive media. Siri doesn't see it when usb drive is plugged into the car.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It will eventually work after disconnecting car play, but this defeats the whole purpose of the safety system of using voice control and basically you can't select your music on the media., and I need carplay on for other things. Plus, it used to work fine a few updates ago. Anyway just one of those things..

smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Depending on the size of your USB, I would either move all the songs to my iPhone or check out something like Cloudbeats. It lets you store your songs in places like OneDrive, DropBox, etc.... and stream them to your phone. it's app is also available in Carplay.
Sponsored