MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I am in research mode before the 2022's come in and I order the MME. I am in the SF Bay Area and the advise is to go to Morgan Hill Ford since they want to sell and not play games. I want to buy the premium extended warranty. Anyone buy it and how much? Input from Bay Area folks as well as the rest of the state is welcome. I figured $2K.

If you did not purchase it, what was the logic behind not spending the money. This will be second new car, and the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid that I bought new never had an issue and is still going strong. I know it is simply insurance for just in case.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am in research mode before the 2022's come in and I order the MME. I am in the SF Bay Area and the advise is to go to Morgan Hill Ford since they want to sell and not play games. I want to buy the premium extended warranty. Anyone buy it and how much? Input from Bay Area folks as well as the rest of the state is welcome. I figured $2K.

If you did not purchase it, what was the logic behind not spending the money. This will be second new car, and the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid that I bought new never had an issue and is still going strong. I know it is simply insurance for just in case.
Since you’re in research mode, try the ? icon in the upper right and search for
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone purchase extended warranty 75579676-FE4C-4FB2-83EC-7DDEFBBA116E

Lots of good information in the results of that search.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag

I purchased the 8yr 150k mile extended warranty, mostly because when i go back to the office eventually ill be driving 120 miles a day, 30k miles year. The warranty it comes with is 50k miles i believe and for me that would only be 2 years. with all the tech i the car i bought as a just in case. I also got the options plan with the $2500 cash back so it pretty much paid for it.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

I will when I get my MME, but the dealer will have to match the price from Ziegler Ford online for the same parameters or Ziegler is getting the business. ANY Ford dealer in the Americas can sell you a warranty on a new Ford (and even ”new” has a pretty generous range). With Ziegler, you can get a trouble-free (meaning, no sales call) quote online in about 5 minutes. Go in armed with that configuration and price and pay no more.

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag
Good tip on the Ziegler. I priced it out and it looks like the difference in getting it now vs getting it with 36K miles on the vehicle is $100 (1330 vs 1230 on the 100K PremiumCare with a $200 deductible). Wondering if I should wait to see if the car is giving me more issues before getting it. Although who knows at that point maybe Ford will have figured out that they need to charge more for the warranty also. :)

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I went with Geico's MBI, which covers everything that the battery warranty doesn't. It comes out to $6 per month for a 7ry/100k warranty with a $250 deductible. I would double check with them if this is something you want to do. I had to make sure it would cover all of the electronics because there is so much.

When I checked with Endurance warranty (because I have a house in TX and they are allowed to purchase their own warranties, unlike CA) they only offer up to 5yr/60k because the car is new and they aren't sure what issues could come from it. Check with your credit unions as well to see what they could offer you or probably other lenders. My (TX) credit union offered me a 8yr/100k warranty for under $1800 with a $100 deductible.

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went with Geico's MBI, which covers everything that the battery warranty doesn't. It comes out to $6 per month for a 7ry/100k warranty with a $250 deductible. I would double check with them if this is something you want to do. I had to make sure it would cover all of the electronics because there is so much.

When I checked with Endurance warranty (because I have a house in TX and they are allowed to purchase their own warranties, unlike CA) they only offer up to 5yr/60k because the car is new and they aren't sure what issues could come from it. Check with your credit unions as well to see what they could offer you or probably other lenders. My (TX) credit union offered me a 8yr/100k warranty for under $1800 with a $100 deductible.
Interesting. So I'm looking at the MBI site (don't have GEICO unfortunately but I should get a quote to see if they're cheaper) and I would have three questions:

1. Mechanical items wouldn't include infotainment and such right? What about the push button doors or the various cameras/sensors? One of the things I'm worried about is that there are a lot of electronics in this car in particular that could go wrong.
2. It says it's renewable yearly. Does that mean the price will go up in year 8 compared to year 1?
3. Would a claim to the MBI also count against you as an auto insurance claim and increase your rates?

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I did mainly because it's a new model and who knows what might crop up over time? I will be super happy if I wasted my money because I never need it.

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Interesting. So I'm looking at the MBI site (don't have GEICO unfortunately but I should get a quote to see if they're cheaper) and I would have three questions:

1. Mechanical items wouldn't include infotainment and such right? What about the push button doors or the various cameras/sensors? One of the things I'm worried about is that there are a lot of electronics in this car in particular that could go wrong.
2. It says it's renewable yearly. Does that mean the price will go up in year 8 compared to year 1?
3. Would a claim to the MBI also count against you as an auto insurance claim and increase your rates?
Give them a call. The price is not supposed to increase per month but it goes up if you wait longer to buy it (like all warranties do). I made sure to ask if covered everything and the girl even took time to look into it because she wasn't sure with EVs. I should probably get a copy of that contract to see what it says...

MBI claims are nothing that goes on your record, so your rates should not go up. It's a relatively new thing for them, so make sure to ask a lot of questions.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Buying the Ford warranty from the online dealers on day 1 has zero advantage - unless you want a free rental car (and buy the right warranty that includes it) on the 36 month / 36,000 warranty issues.

If you buy after 12,000 miles, they charge $100 extra as was discovered. Therefore, waiting until you're at 35 months or 35,500 miles makes sense for most.

Keep in mind that the EV parts are warrantied for 8 years, 100,000 miles.

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Buying the Ford warranty from the online dealers on day 1 has zero advantage - unless you want a free rental car (and buy the right warranty that includes it) on the 36 month / 36,000 warranty issues.

If you buy after 12,000 miles, they charge $100 extra as was discovered. Therefore, waiting until you're at 35 months or 35,500 miles makes sense for most.

Keep in mind that the EV parts are warrantied for 8 years, 100,000 miles.
The main reason I'll probably buy now rather than later is that in 3 years their warranty guys might figure out these cars have a lot of bugs and update the pricing accordingly.

I could have also used the extra rental car coverage. Car's in the shop after throwing a "Powertrain Malfunction" two days after we drove it off the lot. ??? But have to wait 30 days for those FordPass Rewards to post!

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag

get a quote here and bring to your dealer, he should match it, mine did.
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My points posted 2 business days after purchase (purchase 7/2, points posted 7/6).

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag