Anyone want to run my VIN after CSP 21P22?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I agree. The trick is finding the right contact that will actually care and do something about it. Too many reports on here about CSRs just reading from a script and blowing people off.
Yeah I know that does suck. I mean you can make a "formal complaint" but IDK what that actually does except piss off the dealer you go to.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I can't figure out how a tech could update some of the modules and not all of them listed in 21P22, my car was supposedly done on Dec 1 and FDRS showed most were not updated.
Because it requires reading, the 21P22 technical instructions are 4 pages long. If the dealer only reads page 1 then they will only update the PCM (and other modules that are automatically included) and stop there. They probably miss the last sentence on page 1: "All other modules available will have to be programmed individually".

Attachments

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Because it requires reading, the 21P22 technical instructions are 4 pages long. If the dealer only reads page 1 then they will only update the PCM (and other modules that are automatically included) and stop there. They probably miss the last sentence on page 1: "All other modules available will have to be programmed individually".
I can’t wait to show up to my re-appointment with this printed out. This is going to be epic. Maybe I’ll ask if they’ll let me do it since I can follow simple directions.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I agree. The trick is finding the right contact that will actually care and do something about it. Too many reports on here about CSRs just reading from a script and blowing people off.
100% my experience. Calling Ford is a waste of my time. I did on 7/2. Dealer also did. They contacted him and he told them to contact me. Still waiting...

wings2063

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT-Line /Mache Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
I can’t wait to show up to my re-appointment with this printed out. This is going to be epic. Maybe I’ll ask if they’ll let me do it since I can follow simple directions.
I am also going to print it out. This is my next appointment after Ford contacted the service manager.
  • PANORAMIC ROOF GLASS RESEAL
  • General Service Request - Per Service manager 1. redo update 21p22 2. Slow DC charging 3 IPMA update needs to be done (back up assist not available intermittently)
  • WINDSHIELD GLASS RESEAL
They are going to have the car the week of 1/24/22
Hopefully we can recheck the VIN for updates when they finish.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I am also going to print it out. This is my next appointment after Ford contacted the service manager.
  • PANORAMIC ROOF GLASS RESEAL
  • General Service Request - Per Service manager 1. redo update 21p22 2. Slow DC charging 3 IPMA update needs to be done (back up assist not available intermittently)
  • WINDSHIELD GLASS RESEAL
They are going to have the car the week of 1/24/22
Hopefully we can recheck the VIN for updates when they finish.
You should leave the printout on the drivers seat as well. Maybe highlight the important parts and phonetically spell the big words.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, seems like since my car was in the dealer all day solely for the sw updates they should all have been done, but my readout shows there are still 14 available. Nuts. Since some of the minor issues I was having are corrected I’ll take it up with them on my recall appointment in March.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yea, seems like since my car was in the dealer all day solely for the sw updates they should all have been done, but my readout shows there are still 14 available. Nuts. Since some of the minor issues I was having are corrected I’ll take it up with them on my recall appointment in March.
Remember that not all of those are part of the campaign. Getting them to do anything other than what's part of the campaign will be next to impossible unless you want to pay for their labor.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Noted, thanks for the clarification. I’ll try to cross check, but do like the idea that at some point we should all be at the same rev. via OTA (i would guess the only real way to do that) or dealer service. Nice to know that should some other issues appear there might be a new release already available that will fix it.

Remember that not all of those are part of the campaign. Getting them to do anything other than what's part of the campaign will be next to impossible unless you want to pay for their labor.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Or you can tell the family you're gonna take them to Disneyland in California with the true intention to swing by and get your car updated ?
Now if it was Disney World, I’d definitely be there. Disneyland is too much of a hike and I don’t have an annual pass. And they don’t have the Swan Reserve ?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Now if it was Disney World, I’d definitely be there. Disneyland is too much of a hike and I don’t have an annual pass. And they don’t have the Swan Reserve ?
Well, ummm ... How do I put this nicely? Did I invite you? ?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Called this morning to schedule the next visit to hopefully get this done properly. It’s 11 days out but I’ve printed the instructions and will be hand delivering it to the service rep and using @breeves002 post to ensure it’s done properly before I leave this time.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Called this morning to schedule the next visit to hopefully get this done properly. It’s 11 days out but I’ve printed the instructions and will be hand delivering it to the service rep and using @breeves002 post to ensure it’s done properly before I leave this time.
You’re just making a normal service appointment? You should call and speak to the service manager.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Oat the top of the last page of the attached zip file, reference is made to something called a “transmission” and they talk about “upshifts”. I’m sure this has been covered elsewhere but I’m too lazy to search. What’s a “transmission” and what are “upshifts”? Will we be getting these in a future OTA? Maybe with the frunk release and BlueCruise? ?????
Sponsored