Anyone want to run my VIN after CSP 21P22?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Oat the top of the last page of the attached zip file, reference is made to something called a “transmission” and they talk about “upshifts”. I’m sure this has been covered elsewhere but I’m too lazy to search. What’s a “transmission” and what are “upshifts”? Will we be getting these in a future OTA? Maybe with the frunk release and BlueCruise? ?????
That’s gotta be a copy paste from another car. I don’t get it.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Called this morning to schedule the next visit to hopefully get this done properly. It’s 11 days out but I’ve printed the instructions and will be hand delivering it to the service rep and using @breeves002 post to ensure it’s done properly before I leave this time.
The fact you have to print out dealer instructions to give to a dealer is so sad. I don't understand why there are so many crappy dealers...

camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
Remember that not all of those are part of the campaign. Getting them to do anything other than what's part of the campaign will be next to impossible unless you want to pay for their labor.
Appriciate you checking things for folks. Are you still able to check vins? I am seeing software miss match U codes in mine now.

Samfatboy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Select AWB standard battery
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Appriciate you checking things for folks. Are you still able to check vins? I am seeing software miss match U codes in mine now.

I took delivery of my company lease car December 23.
Select AWD Standard Battery, K1SS4MM
comfort technology package
Current update listed 1.4
Sync4 Software Version 21008 Rev 252.

The door sticker reads July 21. I guess this means it was built in July 2021, but do not what day. I suspect it was a first week build because I have all the issues associated with the 21P22 – PAAK, e-latch door and other early issues. After reading these forums and having the ‘Activation Pending’ notice in my FP Android App, I decided to not mess with PAAK for now. I called for an appointment with the local dealer and explained the issues I had. My appointment is for Monday January 24.

I have an OBDLink MX+ and have looked a little at Forscan Lite. A lot of codes there. Although I have done most of my own maintenance over the years, since this is a lease car provided by my company, I will look, but I am not going to make any changes.

My primary gripes are the Ford Pass Activation issue, PAAK, using my driver rear passenger door to get into the driver door, Driver Assist is more like Drunken Driver Assist, EVGO, Electrify America connection issues, and Android Auto flakiness. So far I have put about 1500 miles on it, so I am still exploring different functions in the Synch4 System and imagine there will more issues to come.

I want to be fully prepared for my first Dealer visit. I chose Gengras Ford in Connecticut because I saw their name in the Forums, and they are about 4 miles from where I live. When I made the appointment the service appointment gal let me know that they lost two out of three of their techs in the last few months, not a good sign.

I have tried Ford’s site for a list of updates using the VIN # but always get a VIN # not found response.

A big thank you to RV Atom and Macchiaz-o for the TSM, SSM lists which I have used to identify the problems I have had.

I want to build a list of TSBs and SSMs to have with me when I go. I have Forscan Lite, so if that could be a useful tool to see what codes are associated with different OTA, TSB, SSM and CSPs, any guidance would be appreciated.

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
I picked up my car from the recall today, and I don’t think they did any of the software updates at all. I alreday have to take it back because the replacement for the charge door that broke in the cold weather is on back order, so if I have to go back again for THIS, its gonna be a bad time. @DevSecOps, are You willing to run one more?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I picked up my car from the recall today, and I don’t think they did any of the software updates at all. I alreday have to take it back because the replacement for the charge door that broke in the cold weather is on back order, so if I have to go back again for THIS, its gonna be a bad time. @DevSecOps, are You willing to run one more?
Send it

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Back at the dealer today. I brought the printed instructions. The service writer accepted them AND printed the Oasis description of the recall. Apparently not standard practice around here to have the instructions or the description available. We’ll see how this goes.

wings2063

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT-Line /Mache Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
Back at the dealer today. I brought the printed instructions. The service writer accepted them AND printed the Oasis description of the recall. Apparently not standard practice around here to have the instructions or the description available. We’ll see how this goes.
I am doing the same thing next Monday.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Back from the dealer. Spent about 2 hours there. But was given this report before I left:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone want to run my VIN after CSP 21P22? 6740480E-5A67-4B0A-A7A2-4770D4F6B120

I was also given a copy of the Oasis CSP description showing which modules were supposed to have been updated so I could cross reference.
According the the FDRS event viewer print out (above), they updated all 13 modules listed under the CSP21P22, including the one that they had updated a couple weeks ago. (Perhaps another update became available for it in the 2 weeks since I initially went in.)
In fact, cross referencing the list, it appears the SOBDM, BECM, and ABS, were each updated twice.

Anyway, lesson learned is ?Don’t trust a dealer?

I’ll be obtaining TSB printouts and asking for FDRS event logs from now on. But hopefully the dealer has also learned that The customer (all of us) is watching and may just know more about what’s going on than they do.

Thank you to @DevSecOps @louibluey @breeves002 and anyone else that has helped or offered to help make us more informed consumers.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That's awesome! Your car should be queued for 2.3.0 as you have the APIM and TCU updates available in FDRS, time to drive it around so it can download!

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Back from the dealer. Spent about 2 hours there. But was given this report before I left:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone want to run my VIN after CSP 21P22? 6740480E-5A67-4B0A-A7A2-4770D4F6B120

I was also given a copy of the Oasis CSP description showing which modules were supposed to have been updated so I could cross reference.
According the the FDRS event viewer print out (above), they updated all 13 modules listed under the CSP21P22, including the one that they had updated a couple weeks ago. (Perhaps another update became available for it in the 2 weeks since I initially went in.)
In fact, cross referencing the list, it appears the SOBDM, BECM, and ABS, were each updated twice.

Anyway, lesson learned is ?Don’t trust a dealer?

I’ll be obtaining TSB printouts and asking for FDRS event logs from now on. But hopefully the dealer has also learned that The customer (all of us) is watching and may just know more about what’s going on than they do.

Thank you to @DevSecOps @louibluey @breeves002 and anyone else that has helped or offered to help make us more informed consumers.
That's not a bad idea, getting the FDRS report from them.

My Mach-e is currently at the dealer right now, specifically because they failed to complete 21P22 when I took it in in November. According to our internet angels, two of whom you mentioned, they have failed to complete 21P22 AGAIN, even after I told them specifically about the FDRS report that I had received.

Maddening. If they can't fix this, it's time to take my service elsewhere.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
That's not a bad idea, getting the FDRS report from them.

My Mach-e is currently at the dealer right now, specifically because they failed to complete 21P22 when I took it in in November. According to our internet angels, two of whom you mentioned, they have failed to complete 21P22 AGAIN, even after I told them specifically about the FDRS report that I had received.

Maddening. If they can't fix this, it's time to take my service elsewhere.
I told my service manager on round 2, that I wasn’t leaving until I got a report showing what was done, or until I was invited out back to see while the car was still hooked up. I was polite about it of course but firm. He agreed that, with the mess up the first time, it was not an unreasonable request.

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
What is 21P22? Not sure if I have to look into this or not. My Sync4 Version says 21180_PRODUCT rev 176. Sticker manufactured date shows 11/21 and I picked it up Jan 8. Started having some PAAK ossues recently and doors not locking when pressing the physical lock button on the outside of the doors.
Sponsored