Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I installed the AOSK front splitter and rear spoiler per the manufacturer's instructions and am happy with the quality of the materials but in the case of the front lip splitter it doesn't want to stay adhered to the bumper in the middle section (the tape sticks to the plastic but not to the bumper) and the rear spoiler comes loose on the driver's side(tape sticks to the car and not to the plastic). It's worse when in the heat. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Should I remove them and start over? If so, what do I use to remove any adhesive-naphtha? When I had the car ceramic coated the detailer said he had seen the same problem with the rear spoiler on a lot of Teslas.
As I said, I did follow the manufacturer's instructions as far as cleaning the necessary areas and taping afterwards. The front lip splitter seems like the weight is too much for the adhesive and/or there is tension created when screwing in the underside. I have included a couple of pictures
Ford Mustang Mach-E AOSK FRONT LIP SPLITTER AND REAR SPOILER NOT ADHERING IMG_0064
Ford Mustang Mach-E AOSK FRONT LIP SPLITTER AND REAR SPOILER NOT ADHERING IMG_0065

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I can only speak to the rear spoiler, of which if you don't have it positioned perfectly centered, up down right and left in all directions, one or multiple sides will lift. You're going to need to take it off, remove adhesive residue with goo gone or something similar and reapply new tape and try again. I also used a heat gun on mine to warm up the adhesive before I applied. I also test fit it multiple times with the tape cover still on so I could make sure I knew placement and how to get it to sit flush with the trunk.

Mine was also ceramic coated when I installed mine..didn't matter it still stuck good.

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I can only speak to the rear spoiler, of which if you don't have it positioned perfectly centered, up down right and left in all directions, one or multiple sides will lift. You're going to need to take it off, remove adhesive residue with goo gone or something similar and reapply new tape and try again. I also used a heat gun on mine to warm up the adhesive before I applied. I also test fit it multiple times with the tape cover still on so I could make sure I knew placement and how to get it to sit flush with the trunk.
Thanks for your reply. Mine is equidistant from the edge of the panel on each side so I don't know how I can center it better, but I'll give it a try. It was fine for a couple of eweeks then started to pop loose. I do have both types of 3M tape, thin and thick. I suppose the thicker one is better in this instance.

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
Splitter? Are you talking about the front lip? The front slip uses screws and bolts. Adhesive alone won’t do it!

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I used screws. The installation calls for screws on the bottom and tape where the lip meets the front of the bumper.

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
I used screws. The installation calls for screws on the bottom and tape where the lip meets the front of the bumper.
The self tapping screws are installed to the bottom bumper for all 3 pieces. I also recommend using washers with each screw.

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Are you saying it should be screwed into the textured part of the bumper not just the “ rubber” bottom?

Quadzilla

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA Route 1
Country flag
I had the same issue with the rear spoiler and I sent it back to AOSK. They sent me a new one pretty quickly. I ended up using 3M's 7/8" molding tape instead of the one provided by AOSK. It's been about 4 months and has held on so far. I'm hoping it'll last at least another year or two but tape doesn't last very long in the Arizona sun.

I ended up running the same tape to the entire length of the front lip and then added a few more of my own self-tapping screws. That thing is not going anywhere.

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Do you tapped into the bumper?

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Also, I looked at mine today as I wanted to order some additional ones and noticed they are already rusting. Will get some stainless ones.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I ended up using 3M's 7/8" molding tape instead of the one provided by AOSK.
I second this method. First thing I did was remove the AOSK tape and use 3M'd double sided moulding tape. I have used it before and it definitely works well. I also used a heat gun to warm up the tape. I have had mine on for about 2 months and no issues.

OP
OP

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I second this method. First thing I did was remove the AOSK tape and use 3M'd double sided moulding tape. I have used it before and it definitely works well. I also used a heat gun to warm up the tape. I have had mine on for about 2 months and no issues.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
My rear spoiler did the same and it was positioned well from the get go and was warmed up a bit.

I still need to finish removing it from the car and then using some real adhesive tape on it instead of whatever cheap garbage they used.
Sponsored