AOSK Mach-E Mud Flap is coming soon! No Drilling Cutting is required, expecting available at late Nov or early Dec

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'll give these a shot, but I really do prefer the flexible Mountune flaps that I have on my Focus RS. They're a bit more accommodating when creeping into driveways and parking lots that are a higher elevation than roadway.
If you hit mudflaps that are this small, you've already hit something much more important, and costly.
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
If you hit mudflaps that are this small, you've already hit something much more important, and costly.
These, maybe, won't be an issue.

My RS flaps drag on my property easement. The RS only makes it into the driveway in reverse. Street > Raised Sidewalk Easement > Driveway with about a 2% grade

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Which begs the question @Kamuelaflyer where’s our report on climbing Mauna Kea from the other corner of the island? Inquiring minds want to know… ?
Funny you should ask. There were two issues (well sort of 3) with doing that.

1. There's an extreme regen issue with the Mach-e on very serious downslopes coupled with loads of switchbacks. The MaunaKea access road has slopes of up to 15%. And more switchbacks than an ICE engine has parts, While there is a fix, it's not in wide distribution yet IIRC. Ask the members from Norway or the Colorado folks that have had the cars shut down on them (briefly in most cases?). Getting a flatbed tow truck up on that road? Yeah, no. Mauna Loa is paved to the Weather Observatory but has even more switchbacks. So, it'll wait.

2. The road is gravel. Easier for the snowplows to plow. Yes we have snow plows. They're in 3 locations I can think of offhand. Maunkea, across the Daniel K Inouye Highway on the Mauna Loa access road and on Haelakala. Oh ... gravel. Gravel and the Mah-e don't mix well. Mudflaps are a must! See I'm not off-topic! So when @AOSK starts shipping these, this one is checked off.

Oh, Number 3? Maunakea access road is limited to 4WD above the Visitors Center. They actually have people there checking to make sure you're 4WD and not AWD or 2WD these days. How annoying. On the bright side, the people checking are University of Hawaii, Hilo astronomy majors. Perhaps a couple of copies of "Astronomy for Dummies" or "Mathematical Astronomy for Amateurs" might make them look the other way briefly. Barring that, a case of Maui Brewing Company's Pueo IPA might do the trick. :)

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Get the regen issue. Our 2008 Toyota hybrid had a similar problem. 6% grade for 3 miles would nearly fry the battery but the car didn’t stop. Just kept pushing electrons. By 2010 they figured this out and added back pressure from the ice to burn off current from the regen. Nothing like a Prius going downhill with the ice running at 6K RPM!! Our 2018 Camry even kicks in sooner presumably to reduce revs. It’s got to be a hard problem on an EV. About the only solution I could see would be to throw off waste heat through a resistant circuit.

Maybe increased drag from mud flaps (to stay on topic) would help ?.

Last edited:

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I put on some similar looking flaps on another car. To try to avoid rubbing, I put a strip of strong 3M outdoor double sided tape on the edges that touched the paint. Couldn't tell you if it actually helped since I never removed it. It did stay on the whole time even after couple of winter driving.

I'm buying as soon as they become available. Why is the MY version $28 and the MME $40 ? Shouldn't it be the other way around:D

I'd like to buy the cargo net too, but I don't think my car has the other 2 hooks. Attaching it to the back of the seats kind of defeats the purpose as it'll not hold small items securely. I'd like to buy all 3 pedals covers too.
It a great one regarding the MY one and MME one, there are quite many reasons for this, 1)our flaps for MME is better made, after we collect feedback on MY, we made some improvement on how we produce these, and the quality, it lead us to a higher cost at the end(37% higher). 2)the shipping, we trying to catch up the winter season, thus we use a faster shipping method, have them arrive at amazon warehouse earlier, and the shipping cost is much higher as well. 3)volume, we had produced many MY flaps, volume always bring down the cost eventually...

the cost will be lower eventually, after a couple months.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
The directions show that one location uses a wrench and another uses an allen key. I would guess that those original screws are reused. That would mean you'd need 8 push pins, so I guess they give one extra?
yes! actually every part of the screws and push pins on the car could reuse, simply take them off and reinstall them with the mud flaps. We provided some extra push pins just in case some buyers broke the original push pins while taking them off

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
2)the shipping, we trying to catch up the winter season, thus we use a faster shipping method, have them arrive at amazon warehouse earlier, and the shipping cost is much higher as well. 3)volume, we had produced many MY flaps, volume always bring down the cost eventually...

the cost will be lower eventually, after a couple months.
Not my business to run, but companies would be generally amortize (spread) the cost out over a longer period, or absorb it, rather than put it on the first batch shipped, if they have to expedite shipping tomtheir warehouse. Volume, similar issue. Cost accounting principles and such.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Fwiw these aftermarket mud flaps are exactly like what I installed on my m40i and they would damage the finish where they touched the body on the sides. Remedy was applying ppf under the flaps on those panels and cutting just past where the flaps touch.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Make sure your mud flaps are available for shipping to Canada ?? please, you will sell a ton up here.